Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

On 7/8/2017 at 0:35 PM, ELIJAH said:

Having applied through University, the University sends your documents to CSC, your status changes, in principle you cannot be rejected  by CSC because CSC depends on these dispatching agencies for the selection process. They could reject a person if only some criminal records are found or they find potentially dangerous information about the person. These are my proposals and based on my experience before now, people don't get thrown out by CSC after embassy or school has accepted. For those applying through embassy, the school could reject them and CSC will locate another  suitable school.

For your attention @Elbashier

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M. Umair said:

Hello Everyone. I applied for Master's Program in "Zhejiang University of Science and Technology". I applied for CGS and my status for ZUST in CSC website is "in progress". But ZUST uploaded a list of only 10 Candidates which are recommended for CGS. what does that means. Are all other candidates are rejected by the university? And why is my Status "In Progress" if i am rejected by the university?

Here is the link of the list : http://ies.zust.edu.cn/en/detail.asp?ID=1090&BigCategoryID=11

That's CSC award winners for outstanding continuing students. Its different from what we(fresh/new applicant) are waiting for. My university also published similar earlier http://oec.ujs.edu.cn/en/notice/detail?cid=328&id=655

• Like 1

I am going to throw this in here since here are some Tsinghua Uni candidates that are in the same boat as me, waiting for CSC results. 

Has anyone tried logging in at the accommodation website? http://www.thutraining.com/ULogin_E.aspx

I have my application pack right in front of me, but when using the Student ID on the website it says the ID does not exist.

(I know, I no need booking. But for curiosity's sake I have tried anyway, and it should work regardless. Hence my question/concern.)

Please go here to reply: https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/54615-tsinghua-university-2017/

It will also be a good thread for those coming to THU in 4 weeks!

• Like 1

@Rytis95

I am an American CSC awardee for 2016-2017 at Tsinghua University. I used it as a General Scholar studying Chinese for one year in a non-degree program. I was granted an AB room, which is adequate. I was very happy about this as I didn't want to share a sleeping space. The bathroom and kitchenette are small, but adequate, and the bedroom is roughly 9' x 9'. I have made-do with this space.

As a scholarship recipient, I didn't need to do anything whatsoever with reserving a room. Tsinghua has done a really good job in managing my CSC affairs. I just showed up and they were like: "Here ya go! Here's your key for your AB room!" Everything was prepared and ready for me and I found it to be pretty hassle-free. The folks who work at the front desk of my dorm have been very helpful throughout the year.

One very nice thing about my arrangement is that even though I took my last exam on June 9th and finished my studies on that date, housing has let me stay in the dorm until I fly back to the U.S. on July 30th. That has been a very nice gift to me--to be able to remain in Beijing for the summer with free housing.

Edited by Chris Two Times
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chris Two Times said:

@Rytis95

I am an American CSC awardee for 2016-2017 at Tsinghua University. I used it as a General Scholar studying Chinese for one year in a non-degree program. I was granted an AB room, which is adequate. I was very happy about this as I didn't want to share a sleeping space. The bathroom and kitchenette are small, but adequate, and the bedroom is roughly 9' x 9'. I have made-do with this space.

One very nice thing about my arrangement is that even though I took my last exam on June 9th and finished my studies on that date, housing has let me stay in the dorm until I fly back to the U.S. on July 30th. That has been a very nice gift to me--to be able to remain in Beijing for the summer with free housing.

Wonderful. Regarding the AB rooms, do we get our own kitchenette or is it in the common area? And how big is the common area for the two rooms? Thanks for your help.

^^^ I won't post a response here at this time as that would pertain more to Tsinghua and less to CSC-specific affairs. Nonetheless, look for some posts from me in the next week or so about my experience at Tsinghua--I'll pen some details in the universities forum specifically under the Tsinghua thread about accommodation, the campus, studying Chinese here, and just life in general.

Good luck to all as the final sands of the hourglass fall to the bottom--the end of July is upon us! May the announcements come out in your favor.

The CSC really is a wonderful gift and a nice experience to have--do cherish it!

• Like 4