Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

GUYS!!  I will be studying in Shanghai next somestr. I couldn't enroll to university dorm. So now I don't know what to do. Could you give me some advice, for any cheap accommodation. as of-campus dorms, shared houses, aprtments, maybe a website to check. Thank you 

• Like 1

@Baha why werent you able to get the accomodation ? I think if you are a scholarship student you will have a room anyway just wait to get there. The first time I went to China some of my friends were not able to enroll to university dorm but once we got there they had no problems.

• Like 1

@Baha Oh I see... You dont have a room because you didnt respect the deadlines or because they just wouldnt give it to you ? Even if your scholarship doesnt include accomodation you can still get one and I am sure there will be free rooms especially single rooms. Now in case it doesnt turn well maybe this will help youn. When I was in Beijing i thought first of living outside the campus. You can find the place in one day if you are not too picky. Get in touch with a real estate through wechat, you will visit a few flats and you will be able to decide where you want to stay. As for me, the reason I decided to live on campus eventually was because I was asked to pay the equivalent of 4 months in advance and I didnt have the money for that. I dont know if its the same everywhere in China or if its just my experience but its the same in other provinces then you should bring money enough for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bill said:

Hi for those whose names appeared on the EU window. What is your status on csc portal

It changed to "In progress."

I applied last year too. My status didn't change. I wasn't on the list.

A question to those that got the scholarship last year, when did you receive your documents? In today's announcement, it specifies that we should receive the documents before Aug 10th, but that seems rather late, considering I already booked my flight for Aug 23rd...

• Like 1