Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

1 hour ago, mowete said:

I noticed everyone who applied through the embassy and got recommended, eventually gets the scholarship,  unlike the direct university application,  where those who had been nominated earlier still got unpleasant news after the stress of waiting.

I noticed that too... :/ 

• New Members
1 hour ago, mowete said:

I noticed everyone who applied through the embassy and got recommended, eventually gets the scholarship,  unlike the direct university application,  where those who had been nominated earlier still got unpleasant news after the stress of waiting.

I think this is just because of the different steps of the application procedure.

Having read this on the first post of this very thread....

Steps for Embassy application
1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).
2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's China Embassy.
3. Your native country's China Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.
4. The Beijing CSC office sends your application to your selected schools.
5. If and when a school accepts you, your acceptance is sent to the Beijing CSC office.
6. The Beijing CSC office sends your acceptance to your native country's China Embassy.
7. The China Embassy sends your acceptance and all needed documentation to you.

.....I understand that:

If you apply via a university, it is your university of choice the one that reviews your documents and nominates you as a candidate and afterwards CSC headquarters has the final say on whether you are awarded the scholarship or not.

If you apply via your Embassy, your documents are reviewed first by the Embassy, then by CSC headquarters and finally by your universities of choice. So basically if your application gets accepted by any of your three choices you can count yourself as a successful applicant.

• Like 4

Hello guys, I've been following this thread since early April. I've been nominated for CSC by Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Does anyone has information on when to expect their list of scholarship recipients? I'm tired of waiting...

congratulations everyone who gets scholarship. I sent an email to one of the universities SDUST, even though my CSC status was in progress they said that they didnt select me for z scholarship. am confused....

anyone who has update on zhejiang university of technology( 浙江工业大学)please!