Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@kebat Sorry to hear that. Maybe you were on the waiting list so that you didn't get the scholarship because the quota has been full. In Progress status has two possibilities. 1st you are on the list candidates n 2nd you are on the waiting list candidates. Hope ZJUT selects you to get the scholarship amin

• Like 1

• New Members

Hey Guys! I have applied CSC via embassy and CSC has nominated me to the chosen university. The university examined my application again and sent me an email that "Congratulations on your admission to Shanghai Jiao Tong University! We are glad to inform you that China Scholarship Council (CSC) has nominated you to the Chinese Government Scholarship-Embassies Program for the 2017 graduate program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, i.e., type-A scholarship of SJTU. Your admission package has be delivered to CSC for their final approval and stamp, after which it will be delivered to your embassy directly. Your embassy is responsible for handing over the package to you, and please contact with them if you have any questions concerning this." My application status in CSC is still "in progress". Could be any possibility that CSC rejects me? Thanks! 

• Like 2

Hi guys, most of the universities have got the Csc results( Btype) . I got my documents today. They said, phd results are out and students have to wait for masters' results in few days. My status on CSC portal is still " in progress". And the last day for registration is 31st of August.means to say statuses don't matter. And if you guys( phd applicants ) didn't get any response from the university call them directly instead of wait for mails.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ash007 said:

I applied through embassy and the status is still SUBMITTED, what does it mean?

it means nothing, I'm accepted via embassy and status is still submitted

EDIT: my status actually says " In Progress", not "submitted" as it has for many months.

• Like 2

What does being on the waiting list actually means regarding the selection process ? I think I'm on a waiting list because it seems that I am on the list of the university but I'm not on the nominated list of the embassy, and my status is in progress. So who gets the final say ? the embassy, the uni, or the csc ? 

@Lolo usually when it comes to the waiting list some people are given the priority. Now it's complicated because the university and the embassy have their own quotas. I guess if you applied through the embassy you'll have a chance only if you are on the embassy's waiting list. Because lets say you are the first on the university's list and someone from another country than yours withdraws their application, if you are selected by the university you'll be in the university's quota but not in the embassy's quota. That's what I think but its just presumptions 

Im wondering, if you have been accepted by the university but wont manage to make it into the csc scholarship quota, does it mean you can still study at said university if you pay the fees yourself?

my status is in progress

i have chosen category A and embassy of Iran.

i applied for bachelor and major Computer Science and Technology.

and my 3 Preferences of Institutells are: Tsinghua / Beijing Institute of Technology / Xiamen University of Technology

pls someone tell me how can i know the results?

Guys who were either accepted or rejected through the embassy process could you share your status on the csc application portal so we can make it a better indicator for the next years ?

Mine is in progress and I got accepted.