Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

10 hours ago, Rebel said:

how to print application form? a colour print? or just a black and white because the form allready contains photo. how to post photo on form?

No need to add a new photo. A color print would be much better and more appealing to the committee.

@pturskis Done the same previously, got rejected. done so for a couple of scholarships and still got rejected. I think the best thing to do is get your docs notarised either at the embassy or at least with a notary public.

On 25/02/2017 at 5:10 PM, rishid8 said:

This is true. Received a similar one from the embassy. Dunno why it says ECC for ECG though

• New Members

According to the CSC website, to apply for the Bilateral Program scholarship,

Step 1 - Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;

Step 2 - Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate);

Step 3 -Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System

How do you do step 1?  Is it the same as step 3, where you fill out the form online and submit all your forms to the Embassy, then they send you a confirmation if you are recommended?  Or is there some other process I am missing?

Thanks for your help!

Guys,  this means that I should upload the scans of my notarized diploma and transcript??? this is from CGS online application portal

Certificates of Highest Education (Notarized Copy) Yes

Upload
2 Transcripts of Highest Education (Notarized Copy)

• New Members

Hi everyone, downloading the application form from the CSC Online Application System, I noticed there was no space for signature. Does that mean we dont need to sign the CSC Application form before sending it to the institutions?

On February 27, 2017 at 4:50 AM, annnannanan said:

but i am applying for master's degree, i cannot get what kind of proposal should i write

I can share the one I submitted when I applied for my master's degree. Are you applying for a master's taught in Chinese or English? I wrote mine in English even though I was applying for a degree taught in Chinese. You should first decide if it is easier for you to write this in Chinese or English. It is not that difficult, but you have to write it well. If you do things in a hurry, you run the risk of rejection, unfortunately, @LanceGonza has seen this happen. 

1 hour ago, Angelina said:

can share the one I submitted when I applied for my master's degree. Are you applying for a master's taught in Chinese or English? I wrote mine in English even though I was applying for a degree taught in Chinese. You should first decide if it is easier for you to write this in Chinese or English. It is not that difficult, but you have to write it well. If you do things in a hurry, you run the risk of rejection, unfortunately, @LanceGonza has seen this happen. 

It would be great, If you send me yours, to see the format. 

You can also try other forums if you are trying to write this in English: 

The GradCafe from the US and The Student Room from the UK. 

@igoeth

You can sign your application form after you print it out and then submit signed paper application forms. Don't forget to print two sets and sign both of them. 

• New Members

hello,

im having difficulty opening the csc online application Platform. ive tried opening with different browsers (internet explorer11; Microsoft edge; Google chrome; Mozilla) but still to no avail.

can someone please on how to successfully open the Platform.

• New Members

Hey everyone!

I'm zoe from germany and I'm planning to apply for the Eu window scholarship for a bachelors degree.

I have a question about the  honest language course...where can I actually apply for one?

I would like to study a biology in chinese with a year of language study beforehand. However there is no way to choose a language course in the online application form, I can only rate my own chinese skills (poor in my case) and choose the length of my major study. Should I just include the duration of the language course in the study length  (so 5 years, 4 for major study and 1 for language) or do I actually need to apply for one year of language study and apply for my degree study separately next year?

I'm sorry if this was discussed before, I couldn't find anything about it. 

I would be so thankful if anyone could help me out haha

11 minutes ago, ZoeIjo said:

Should I just include the duration of the language course in the study length  (so 5 years, 4 for major study and 1 for language)

Yes, you should apply for a bachelor's degree and write that you need a language course before your degree program. You should check if the EU Window supports your type: a bachelor's degree + a language course. Note that the language course might not be held at the university and even the city where you will have your degree. It has happened before. You have to check that part too.