Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

@Angelina thank you very much for your fast reply!

I know that my preferred university doesn't offer a language course and that the EU window program offers both together.

My problem is that I don't know where exactly I should write that I want to take part in a language course...I can't see anything about that in the online application form.

They have it in the application form, look again. 

You might spend your first year at a different university then. You will know this when you, hopefully, get your letter of admission. 

Start learning Chinese on your own, the language course is not enough, you should learn a lot of things yourself.

• New Members

Hello please I want to apply for Bachelors but after reading the procedures times without number, I still don't get it. Please what are the detailed procedures? 
First I should submit my online CSC application, and then what next?  Apply to the school also or submit to the embassy? Submit what? Just the CSC application form??
But I am in China now, can I submit to my embassy in China, I heard it must be from the Chinese embassy in my country? 
Now CSC form gives option to apply for three schools on one form but with just one Agency number, so can I still use the Agency Number of one of the schools or I have to apply again? And should I apply to the three schools I chose directly too. 
I would be 18 in May, do I still have to submit the legal guardian documents? 
If I apply to the university directly, how does it link it to my CSC application? 
I am applying for Undergraduate to study Accounting and I must study in Chinese, is HSK 4 result okay? 
If I apply to the school online, do I still have to pay for application form? And the three schools I chose in the form, can I just pay for one, and I would REALLY want to know if I can use an Agency Number of a school since, i can pick three schools in just one form, or the agency number of an embassy is better? If I apply through my embassy in China, do I still have to apply to the school online? 
Thank you. 

@Angelina Is it possible to send me a copy of the proposal you wrote for your master's application? The university I am applying to requires a personal statement which includes a research proposal, but I am not sure just how detailed they are expecting the research proposal to be. A proper one with sources and a short lit review?

Hello everyone,

I have translated and notarized all the school documents, and I am almost ready to send my application, except for a couple of things:

1- Should I write the study plan (800 words required) with my not so good chinese (HSK 5) or in English? Will they appreciate the effort of me trying to write in Chinese or should I not bother?

2- I already have a master's degree in Business administration and I would like to do year of chinese and then master in computer science. Do you think it should be ok? I have no reasons to hide the fact that I already have a master's degree right? It wont matter that my neither my Bachelor or Master  have no link with computer science? (I am self taught in programming for 2 years so I should be able to pass )

I haven't slept in many hours so please forgive any english mistakes..

Cheers

• New Members

I have been assured by my university that I can apply for this scholarship. The question I have regards the Language Proficiency and Study Plan section of the Application. I am unsure how to fill out the "Apply as", "Discipline Applying For" and, "Major Applying for" blanks when am going part of a group study abroad for Chinese Culture and Language for a month. 

Hey Guys, who has egistered at laihua with the same name differend accounts? How do you plan to apply, what should we do if we want to apply to 3 unis, should we still register another accounts? Please reply.

Cheers

You can make a list of three universities per scholaship application if you want. You can also apply multiple times using different agency numbers. You can try university scholarships, MOFCOM and so on.

It really depends on:

what do you want to study

would you study anywhere

In general, if you want to study in China, you will probably find at least one program with funding.

Guys, can you help me, I have finished the application from CGS online portal, I have the pdf from, but I cannot find the place where I should put my signature. Could you tell me where should i put ?

And yesterday, today also, the website of chinese government scholarship does not work, I have tried from different browsers, but still it says that it could not connect to the server, does anyone else have the same problem?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I am British applying for Masters scholarship

for Politics at Peking U and Tsinghua U.

This process is very confusing and long!

Hopefully competition for these unis is not too bad,

I'm not sure what the quota is like for British students.

• New Members

Hi! I'm having some issues with my supporting documents. It asks me to send a " passport photo". Is it a scan of my passport page with my face OR is a scan of a photo of my face ?

Thanks a lot!

• New Members

Hello,

I am soon to be US college graduate, hoping to apply to the CSC:

- How extensive do you need the Foreign Medical Exam Form need to be? I saw in the forum that some people only did the blood test and x-ray, others did not do any since you will need to do it there anyways. Please let me know whether I need to pay for such exams.

- Is there anyone is military or former military that applied and was successfully awarded the scholarship?

Hello

1-  I was wondering if you could let me know whether this is possible to apply for one university (with both type of scholarship: shanghai government scholarship and Chinese government scholarship). In this way my chance will be increased.

2- Is it possible to apply for two different university for shanghai government scholarship by registering two different account? As far as I know we can do it for Chinese government scholarship!

Regards,

Mohsen

• New Members

Hello~~ I don't know if i will be able to go to the university where i graduated to get the recommendation letters personally. Is it okay if the teachers send me a scan and i'll print them or it must be in original? I sent an e-mail to the EU window but they didn't answer me. 

• Like 1

Hello.

I just discovered this thread.

Is this still an option for me at the moment?

Can I still apply?

I just tried googling and accessing the official websites but the official websites seemed to be down or at least inaccessible from my computer.

Please help.

1 hour ago, pon00050 said:

Is this still an option for me at the moment?

Sure. The deadline is April 1st if you're applying through the EU Window programme. 

On 04/03/2017 at 9:57 AM, miss-kapa said:

Hey Guys, who has egistered at laihua with the same name differend accounts? How do you plan to apply, what should we do if we want to apply to 3 unis, should we still register another accounts?

To apply to different universities, you must create another account (with another e-mail address). I have called the CSC and they have confirmed you are allowed to do this.