Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Today i got an email from northeastern university that i got accepted. though it is chinese taught:wallhaven't decided yet how can i learn a major in chinese. not interesting:cry:  is there anyone GOING to dongbei university this fall?

• Like 1

Hello. Thank you for this forum discussion. Got a lot of information. I had a query, in case we get a scholarship through the agency applied for a course in Masters, but for some unfortunate reason, cannot take it this year what happens? 

I know admission from the accepted university is not deferred. But what about scholarship? Can we apply by the whole process again next year? 

• New Members

@Generic I also applied MA in Finance at SUFE but still waiting the result -.-

Here is the list of subject you might learn in SUFE, besides you should check the registration guidance for specific schedule in the link below.

http://ices.sufe.edu.cn/ENDetail.aspx?ID=1764&TypeID=71&WebID=25

Good luck! 

IMG_0710.PNG

• New Members

Hello guys, please anyone who applied to Xiamen university around? 

Please what could be the reason for the delay in the csc results .

Thanks in advance for your reply and congrats to all those that have been awarded the csc.

Hi Everyone!

I am currently in a big problem. I have applied to both Tsinghua University(THU) and Beijing Institute of Technology(BIT) but in June I've withdrawn my application from BIT and kept only THU. Recently, I received an email from Tsinghua University that my application was disapproved by the CSC and when I contacted BIT they told me that I was awarded the scholarship (even though I've formally withdrawn my application in June).

I am asking about pieces of advice regarding this issue and the possibility of transferring the scholarship to Tsinghua University as I was also nominated there for the scholarship.

@Spigel Ask your contact at the University. As far as I know, most of the Universities in Beijing have received CSC's decision already.

@Sa R There's no option to defer CSC scholarship, as far as I know. Also, you'll face difficulty to win the scholarship next year if you reject it this year. But, I've read somewhere that you'll be considered a fresh candidate, which means won't be discriminated because of your previous withdrawal, after two years as they remove your information from their system by then.

@Kobby Hi, if you are nominated by the university then don't worry too much, the results will most likely come out by this week or by the next week if delayed. If you don't know whether or not you've been nominated for CSC, kindly ask your contact/course administrator at the university. They'll be able to help you.

@Dgengy First, make sure that you can still accept the CSC scholarship in BIT, even though you've withdrawn. Then, you can ask Tsinghua whether or not they can help you transfer the scholarship. If they can't, I don't know who can.

@PeacellvesZhongguo,

I still don't see a "reply to" function, I'm guessing that doesn't exist until I make more posts. So hopefully you see this.

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it. I am very sorry for being redundant; I had scanned the last several pages in search of discussion on the topic but did not find it. I must have just overlooked your past comment.

Either way I'm quite happy to know that I should still be able to be in time. I have read though that getting a visa within that time frame requires "express service" - did that cost much more than normal service, from your experience? I'm sure I'll do it anyway, but I want to be sure I'm prepared financially.

@edwinpv14 Thanks!

Regarding currency exchange, I've heard that banks and money changers in China more or less offers the same rate as it is highly regulated. Not sure whether the situation is same at airports. What you can do is browse a Chinese bank's website to find the current exchange rate and do the calculation with your local currency changers/banks.

I may be wrong as I don't have any first hand experience. Maybe someone who's been to China can help us?

• Like 1

@edwinpv14 You can change a little bit of money before going to China then when you get there you can directly withdraw Chinese currency from the atm using your visa/MasterCard card. In my experience in the airport the rate is not good also the service charge is very high.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

I'm a bit in a quandary here. I've been doing my bachelor for 2 years (2015) already on self-support and was awarded a full scholarship by EU window for bac degree this year. On the scholarship admission  paper it's written  from 2015 to 2019. Does that mean that I'm going to get refunded the two previous years? If so, whom should I see? 

Thank you, and once again congrats to all the nominees!