Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

Hello, I was given Shandong University as my language school. Is anyone else attending? When is the earliest i can go there and still receive accommodation? I'm trying to get to China for the 29th august or so and I read that the semester begins on the 8th of September. Deadline for registration is the 11th of September. Pls halp

• Like 1

Hi everyone
I was admitted in Tsinghua University and recommended to the CSC Scholarship by them.
On moday a lot of people received a mail from Tsinghua that they scholarship were approved, but I received nothing.
I send them an email asking about my status and they replied my the following

Dear Gabriel Melo de Paula,

We haven't received the official notice from the China Scholarship Council about your CSC result. You will get noticed by email about the final result when it is released. Please wait patiently. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office
Tsinghua University

Do you have any idea of what does it mean? The CSC sends to the uni the result of everyone who applied for the scholarship? There still will have a final result?

I am kinda lost here. Thinking of trying to reach CSC as @DNAs4 mentioned.

gmpaula

Unfortunately, I think you don't have CSC and your application is not approved.

Because, final result is announced in Tsinghua and most applicant can get a scholarship.

Of course, That is my experience but I hope that you receive a good news about it.

@Spigel Not true.

But, I guess it's high time for everyone who are still in the dark ask politely to their universities/contacts for the result. Around fifty percent of you have a chance to find out the result, positive or negative, if you ask for it now. Others will have to wait another week.

Don't sit around and worry about it but do ask for the result and in the meantime do something to keep your mind occupied like watching movies, hanging out with friends, learning Chinese and English language, etc.

@Spigel Some sources said that CSC will finalize all university results by August 15, which is next Tuesday. However, this isn't officially confirmed by CSC. There are also many universities that still haven't announced their results yet. So, hopefully everything will come to light by maximally the end of next week. Hang in there.

• Like 2

@Saleh Don't really now about Tsinghua. But what I'm sure of is that most if not all universities have post-poned their registration deadline to meet with the delay in announcing the results this year. I have a friend of mine who applied to Guangxi Normal University and her registration deadline is on the 11th of September, so it's almost certain that this could be true for Tsinghua.

I received an email from Tsinghua yesterday. They offered me conditional admission so I still have to fill out their application. However, the OAS hasn't released the scholarship candidates list yet and I haven't gotten any information about the language preparatory course so I can't take the HSK yet. 

I'm so confused is anyone in the same boat as me? 

Screenshot_20170811-063003.png

• New Members

Hi All, just one question about the status of the scholarship's scholarship's demand. is it normal if the status is always "submitted" until now?

Somebody can share me the contact e-mail of the CSC so that I can contact them? I have already sent an e-mail to the aibo@china-aibo.cn and my message can't be delivered by receiving an error after sending. thank you in advance for your help.

• Like 1