Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

We can go to China after the registration date with their permission. We just need to contact the universities and tell them about our condition. They will understand it. Good Luck and Congratulation for those who got the scholarship.

• Like 1

@Abbjay90 Try International Students Department, Grants & Scholarship Department and, most importantly, the department you are going to study. When you applied at a University, you most likely received a confirmation email from somebody at the department you've applied. Ask him/her as he/she is most likely going to help you.

@nata There are lots of people who got scholarship while their status were in 'submitted' and there are others who failed to get scholarship while their status were 'in progress'. Don't lose hope. Contact your University for the result. As @ELIJAH said last year, BE PROACTIVE. I personally got my result by being proactive.

@artfullounger Yes. If you get the scholarship, they are going to give you on-campus accommodation.

A question for the Americans that have won this year (and the past). How have you deferred student loans, because no Chinese universities (even Peking/Tsingua) are considered accredited by the US Department of Education?

• Like 2

@Musa mohamed

As this topic's author said at the very beginning, nobody really knows on what criteria embassies, universities, and eventually CSC base their decision. And I think most people who got the scholarship don't really know either. I remember one of my friends asked the person in charge of the scholarships from the Chinese embassy in France on what criteria the committee would chose the winners. She said that, of course, attention is first drawn to the academic career. Is this person a good element ? Will this person be able to work properly ?

They also pay attention to the motivations. So don't neglect your study plan. Before I sent my documents to the embassy, I asked my Chinese teachers to read my study plan so they could tell me what they thought about it. They both told me that through my study plan, they were able to feel my motivations and to understand why it was so important to me. Before you write it, try maybe to ask yourself some questions. And deepen those questions to come out with the essence of your motivation. Why is it this scholarship that I want ? Why is it China that I want to go to and not Korea or Japan ? What is it going to bring me personnally and professionally ? Do I feel able to do it ? Don't forget that whether it's embassies or universities (also I think some people who applied through their embassy had an interview), your study plan will be your only way to express yourself. You have to take the time to do it. 

I guess recommandation letters are also important. You should talk with your teachers before they write them so they could emphasize the things that could be interesting for your application.

Next year will be the good one for you with God's will.

@Tarek90 the problem is some of us don't get response from the university even after enquiring many times, i tried calling but I can't speak Chinese so our conversation was very short and they said the results are sent to the embassy, I called the embassy and they say they haven't received any results. 

My CSC status is in progress. Am confused and worried at the same time 

@dorine I understand. There's an easy solution for the language barrier, I must say. Hire an interpreter to do the talking for you. You can find many at local language schools, Confucius centers, cultural centers and even in online, etc and you'll find many who's willing to do a couple of calls for, let's say, 5-10 dollars.

Better yet, if you have a friend who can speak chinese, let him/her make the calls. There's lots of people around us who can speak chinese if we are willing to find them.

I hope this helps.

On 08/10/2017 at 1:31 AM, Danidan said:

at

My admission status is still in progress but i haven't received my package. I applied to Harbin Institute of Technology, but to my surprise I can't withdraw and edit my application again(it has been disabled).

Who amongst you have observed this?

Kindly respond ASAP.

@DanidanIt's possible but you have to check with your university which is the earliest date you can check in. It should be a few days before the registration date. For example, the earliest day for the check in in Renmin in September 4th, the registration is on September 6th. But I remember last year, I checked in even before on September 1st they were ok with it so you should just check with them.