Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

On 11/07/2017 at 10:46 AM, roddy said:

Everyone asking "Is anyone going to ...." or "what about accommodation at..."

Find your university here and make a post - you might find people who aren't on the CSC scholarship. A lot of the topics aren't very active, but if you make a post you might encourage others to post and there's a lot of useful info in some of them. 

Could someone quote this post on every new page, thanks. 

@igoeth @kouch - that's the kind of thing that can depend on which country you're applying from. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XristinaK. said:

Fudan sent my documents through EMS to Greece at 2nd of August and I did not received them yet!

My documents were also sent on the same date to India. I received them today. Are you able to track?

• New Members

i am from sierra leone i applied for ms at HUST and my status is ENTERED SCHOOL what does this is it that i am a successful candidate because i have not yet received any notification from anyone not even the embassy here please someone help me 

Congrats...to all who have had the scholarship and good luck to those still waiting, to those of us who have received bad news hard luck to us next year...i guess we receive help from those who made it to better increase our chances hopefully next year..safe 

• New Members

@rishid8

That's great for you! Unfortunately every time when I track my number, the system says that my package is in transit! My flight is in 15 days from now and my visa takes a long time to prepare!

Maybe I need to wait a little bit more

• New Members

please someone help me with the meaning of 'entered school ' this is what i see when i check my application status at HUST 

does this mean have been nominated for the CSC scholarship because have not be contacted by anybody not even our embassy here in freetown

So, it really looks like today wasn't the last day for CSC to finalize the results for all universities as there are still many universities that haven't announced their results yet, maybe it was just a rumor after all. Does anyone here have any idea when is the deadline for CSC to be announcing all university results?? I'm getting really nervous coz it's the 15th of August now and I still haven't heard anything from my uni. and they don't even reply to e-mails. 

• Like 1

We are pleased to inform that you have been selected to receive an OAS/Government of the People’s Republic of China Scholarship.

You have been selected to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) at the Tsinghua  University, including Chinese Language studies at Capital Normal University on September 1, 2017 in China.

Admission Letter and Visa Document:

Attached are a copy of your admission letter and visa document. The original documents will be sent via courier.

In your response to this email, please provide the following information to receive the documents (documents cannot be mailed via P.O boxes):

1.       Full Name (as it appears in passport):

2.       Street Address (including building or apartment number, if applicable):

3.       City:

4.       Country:

5.       Postal Code:

6.       Phone number including (area code):

Please be reminded that you will be responsible for some of the costs of the program such as, round trip air ticket, application fees, visa fees, some learning materials and cost of living expenses not covered by the stipend/subsistence to be provided by the scholarship. Please review the scholarship announcement, which provides all relevant information regarding this scholarship opportunity. http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2017/2017OASCHINAScholarshipAnnouncement.pdf

Scholarship Acceptance Form and Medical Certificate:

Also attached you will find the Scholarship Acceptance Form and Medical Certificate, which you are required to complete, sign and submit in your response to this message.

If you accept the scholarship offer, at this time you should:

1.       contact the university to accept the admission offer or finalize dates on which you are required to be present for orientation etc. at the University;

2.       consult with the closest Chinese Embassy or Consulate to obtain your student visa; and

3.       purchase your ticket to arrive at the University to begin classes.

Again, congratulations and we look forward to receiving your completed forms no later than Friday, August 18, 2017.

If you don't comply with the aforementioned, this scholarship offer will be withdrawn and offered to the next ranked candidate.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

I'm so glad I got it, this is a lifetime opportunity