Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

I know there are some people who are waiting for the Tsinghua results like me, for example, @gmpaula and @abdul So guys what do we do if the resulta do not come out until the registration date for international students (24 and 25 august)? I asked my department (MA global business journalism) and they said we should then pay the tuition on the registration date and the money will be returned if we get the scholarship. But the problem is I can not afford paying the tuition without the scholarship. If there is someone in similar situation, maybe we could ask Tsinghua to postpone the payments until the results are announced? I think it will also be better if not a single peraon, but a number of people come up with this suggestion to Tsinghua. What do you guys think? Also, have you already booked your tickets?

@dorine Yes, this is getting really irritating. I mean it's almost end of August and we have no clue if we're accepted or not. Don't they know we're keeping our lives on hold waiting for them?. Time is also running out, registration for most univs is early September and I really hope there will be enough time for us to get there on time. I applied to Communication University of China, and what about you? Have you received any reply yet?.

@dorine That's strange. Well, maybe the original list hasn't been finalized by CSC yet. You should follow up with your embassy. I applied through the univ. directly (type B) which means the univ. is my only link to CSC and sadly they aren't responding coz the result hasn't come out yet :/

• New Members

hey @Nika I'm going to Shandong uni for prep language studies too. Did you get anymore info on accommodation? The embassy said we would be leaving on one of the last 2 days of august. They still have no idea when is our actual departure date, but i believe we would get accommodation if they're gonna send us off that early. Here's a link on the university website discussing intended accommodation for the different students >>> http://www.istudy.sdu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=267

• Like 1

On 14/08/2017 at 11:11 AM, roddy said:

On 11/07/2017 at 10:46 AM, roddy said:

Everyone asking "Is anyone going to ...." or "what about accommodation at..."

Find your university here and make a post - you might find people who aren't on the CSC scholarship. A lot of the topics aren't very active, but if you make a post you might encourage others to post and there's a lot of useful info in some of them. 

And again...

• Like 1