Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

• New Members

For supporting documents on the online application, do you need to attach the Foreigner Physical Examination? Because it says it is not mandatory? 

18 hours ago, mykb68 said:

But there is a problem, as they will be those people who finally select one university for you. if you accepted for both universities.

The CSC will assign you to one university.

• Like 1

Hello

I'm applying for one year of chinese language prep + 2 years of master.

Regarding the year of chinese, I would to know if there is any university where we are not required to write chinese with a pen. I don't think I used a pen more than 10 times in the 6 years since I left high school. My teachers here in Taiwan just let me type on my ipad and email them my essay at the end of the exam and everyone is happy. (Some people get really mad at this for some reason so when this happens  I just say I have a disability and cant use a pen.)

Regarding the 2 years of master, are there any university that I should avoid at all cost? After reading what @Breaknet wrote about Northeastern University, I am definitely not going there, anywhere else ? I will be taking software engineering

Thank you!

• New Members

Hello.

I am currently in Peking, where I am staying for a whole academic year as an Exchange Student. Since I am already in China and in possession of a one-year residence permit for being a student, the Q&A says I need no further Physical Examination, but it doesn’t say what I should attach to my application documents if I am in this situation. I have my one-year residence permit and a paper I was given by my university’s staff when they checked my Physical Examination and validated it. Unfortunately, I don’t have neither the originals or more copies of this Physical Examination, and it was not given back to me. Since my current residence permit expires next summer and I won’t know if I am granted my scholarship until the end of July, I will have to apply for another visa in June if I am granted the scholarship in the end so I can complete all the paperwork for the new visa. So I know I have to take a new Physical Examination. But Physical Examinations are only valid for six months, which means that if I take one now to send it to you with my application documents I will have to take yet another one this summer before going back to China. So I would like to know if attaching my current one-year residence permit and the validation paper I got would be enough to get through the application procedure, since having the residence permit is already proof that I got a Physical Examination and that it was checked and validated by the authorities, and since I will surely have to take another one for the next visa if I am granted the scholarship.

My second doubt is about the transcript. I am currently studying at a university in my home country, so my highest diploma and the one I will be attaching to the application documents is, of course, going to be my High School Diploma because I still don’t have a university degree. However, for the transcript, should I attach my High School transcript or the transcript for my last three years at my university? I guess it makes more sense to attach the transcript from my university because it is the more recent one, but I still want to be 100% sure of it.

Thank you!

• New Members

Hi,

I'm a UK national going to see a notary in a couple of hours and, after speaking with him on the phone, he says the Degree documents needs to be notarised and legalised (as in sent to the Foreign Office to get an apostille). Legalisation is pretty expensive in the UK so I'd rather not do this. As it mentions nothing about legalisation on the guidelines I'm not going to do this, unless anyone thinks to the contrary?

Hi guys, just to confirm for the global scholars applicants, how many recommendation letters are required and the writer, shall it be a teacher,lecturer, associate professor or a professor? I've seen on the first page of this thread that there should be no recommendation letters required, if it's the case then I should be good right now as I already have one, based on the Chinese embassy website in my country(picture as seen below), it state the senior scholars program require 2. Anyone have made it before for global scholar applicants ?

recommendations letters.PNG

Yeah their website seems to be having down times on a regular basis, I'm wondering if these are server problems or some maintenance work sessions?

I wanted to ask how do people upload the accompanying documents (recommendation letters, health certificate etc), scanned..? Or are photos of them all right..?

@ThisisReality

If you have the Physicals ready at the time of filling,  upload it alongside other required documents. However, is not mandatory if you don't have it ready at the moment but before you come to China, you should have it ready and come with the original copy

@GdeGab

The website has many problems this year. They designed a new site with major changes. It seems they keep adjusting it. It gets down for a while and comes up again. When it is down, there is no extra way of accessing the site. You just keep checking and be sure to catch it when it is up. Also many applicants are hooking up because many dispatching authorities normally have their deadlines at the end of March.