Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@SaintGersh

There is a part of the admission letter that asks how the tuition will be covered and in mine the scholarship is mentioned. Not in detail, just says scholarship will cover. 

As for visa, I requested express processing which is 20 dollars more here. I dropped off my passport last Monday and picked it up with my visa on Thursday.

• Like 1

@SaintGersh Regarding the full details of what the scholarship will cover, I just assume that we will be given as to what is stated on the official website of CGS, if you look on the JW201 form, on the 'Financial support' section, the Full scholarship box must be ticked.
I just got my visa on wednesday last week. You might want to check the official website of the consulate in your country and prepare the required documents beforehand. Otherwise, you'll find yourself doing unnecessary things, a waste of time. Some offices want the visa application form to be in computer typed according to the platform that they provided on the website(they can't accept editing by yourselves using microsoft word), some can accept hand written. In my case, the consulate could only accept computer type and not hand written. Don't forget to prepare 2 China visa photo size. Cheers   

• Like 1

On 11/07/2017 at 10:46 AM, roddy said:

Everyone asking "Is anyone going to ...." or "what about accommodation at..."

Find your university here and make a post - you might find people who aren't on the CSC scholarship. A lot of the topics aren't very active, but if you make a post you might encourage others to post and there's a lot of useful info in some of them. 

Quoting this again. And also...

If you have a visa application question, try our Visa forum. Or perhaps some general advice about Life in China? Or want to get a head start on learning Chinese?

We have tens of thousands of discussions on this site, and many many members who have got CSC scholarships, gone to universities, applied for lots of visas, bought lots of flights, etc, etc. Let them help you by posting your questions somewhere they can see them, instead on in here. 

• Like 3

Hi guys. I have a question which is a bit unrelated to the posts. How do I go about it if I want to go with my spouse to China . I will be doing my doctoral studies. Anyone who can advice especially in terms of VISA application for a spouse and accomodation.

• New Members

Hello!

My name is Angie and me and my friend have a full scholarship to study in China. The language year for us is in Nanjing Normal University and we are flying to China on te 28th of August. The university hasn't helped us or replied to us to provide with information. We wanted to know about our accommodation when we get to the university. Can anyone who has been there help us with some answers? Like Do we get a dorm room fast or how do we do the physical examination there ? Etc.. if u have suggestions for us as to what to do also please let us know !

• New Members

Hi! I have been selected as the the applicant to be awarded csc scholarship at ningbo university. However, the uni has just received the first batch of document for the candidates listed no. 1-7 while they are 21 candidates in total. The uni has said that they are still waiting for the rest of documents, while the registration date is on 8th september. Also, the uni is still not sure when they will receive the next batch from csc. 

Do you think it is possible that one uni can only receive 7 (1/3 of scholarship recipients)? They also told me that last year they receive more than 18 applications.

Do you know any uni that has not announced the result of csc scholarship recipients? 

Should I continue waiting or take another offer from them which is the provincial scholarship? 

Thank you.

Hi guyz, am disturbed I won't meet up registration deadline due to the fact that my visa interview date is 1 week after registration begins, I advised my school through email but as usual no reply..

Any suggestions on this is highly appreciated..

Plus does your admission notice also state that failure to register on the slated  date would amount to cancellation of offer?

Best regards!

Hello,

can someone tell me the usual date when summer break starts?

I'm buying my return ticket for next year right now but I don't really know what date to book. I did some research and asked some people and I got either mid June or mid July. Is there anyone in my situation? Thanks (I hope this is an ok place to ask this)