Chinese-Forums

New avatars for all...

roddy

This wasn't even on my list, but I spotted it, it solved something that annoyed me, and it took ten minutes...

If you haven't selected an avatar to be displayed alongside your posts, you now have an automatically generated one, based on your name and a random colour. This does solve a problem, as on forum listings on mobile users are *only* identified by avatar, which wasn't much good if five people with the default grey avatar posted in a row. Few notes:

1) If you don't like your new avatar, choose one of your own - visit your profile using the drop-down menu at top right, click the photo item by your current avatar.

2) If you do like it, you might want to save it to your computer and then add it to your profile. The automatically generated ones might change / disappear if I need to make changes, but anything you've uploaded yourself will be kept. 

3) They don't currently work for Chinese usernames - you get x's in a colourful circle. Are there any free (or very cheap) Truetype fonts which will handle both simplified and traditional? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roddy said:

Are there any free (or very cheap) Truetype fonts which will handle both simplified and traditional? 

Code2000?

It doesn't cover all the upper blocks but should be good enough if it's just usernames. Nobody's using 火星文 here I presume?

1 hour ago, Lu said:

I didn't like the automatic avatar, so I got a real one. This will take some getting used to, after fifteen years as a grey outline...

What? One can easily see that it's fake. I don't remember your previous one; I guess the fake one looks better than a grey outline (I like the fake one), but I am sure the real Lu is more beautiful. 8)

1 hour ago, Angelina said:

This new circular shape makes my avatar look awkward.

You need a round tablet. :P