Chinese-Forums

Changing my user name.

Lumbering Ox

Yes, we don't really encourage it as it gets confusing and we can't go back and change posts where people have said 'Thanks, BrianP!' But if you let me know what you want to change it to we can do a one-off change. It's preferable if you stick to something namelike. It's nicer to talk to John than HanyuBoi12, I find. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, roddy said:

Yes, we don't really encourage it as it gets confusing and we can't go back and change posts where people have said 'Thanks, BrianP!' But if you let me know what you want to change it to we can do a one-off change. It's preferable if you stick to something namelike. It's nicer to talk to John than HanyuBoi12, I find. 

Well I don't want to use my name and I'd feel like a fool to use somebody else's name.

I always find it a challenge to come up with a decent name as it is let alone something namelike.

6 hours ago, roddy said:

And yet now, you're not feeling like a fool... truly the Internet is an odd place.

Nickname not name. More to the point, an alternate name or an alias which is perfectly cromulent.

Actually I do feel like a fool but life kinda does that for me, I don't need the internet for that.

16 hours ago, roddy said:

Well, it's a preference. Plenty of users have made up names like 'Realmayo' and 'Imron'.

*Don't laugh* :P

I always pronounce "Imron" as "Emron" in my head, so like the Pinyin 'i', not 'ai'.

@imron should your name be pronouced "I'm Ron"?

1 hour ago, dwq said:

Are you telling me Realmayo is FAKE?  How can I trust my mayo again?!

Hahaha nice!