Chinese-Forums

Dropbox equivalent for China?

Flickserve

People in China usually use 百度網盤(pan.baidu.com) to share files. But you need a Chinese cellphone number to register.

And be aware that these Chinese cloud storage services, like all things in China, are subject to policy changes. Government decides to tighten its grip and you lose access to your files.

Box.com and Skydrive used to work in China. Not anymore, thanks to Xi Jinping.

• Like 1

I use Weiyun which is convenient as it's by Tencent (who bring you wechat and QQ). That means you can use your existing login credentials and don't have to sign up for something else (like Baidu). I admit that most seem to use Baidu though. 

However, if it's just a few large files Chinese email services often provide a large attachment feature. For instance, you can send pretty big files through QQmail. It essentially uploads the file and includes a link within the email, saving you "the bother" of first uploading it yourself to a third party cloud service and then pasting it into the email. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will look into the QQ option. The files are not really that important but it's nice to be able to grab a short video clip of ten minutes of an interview and sharing it with the tutor. Then trying to discuss the vocabulary and decipher what was being said.

• 5 months later...

Onedrive for business works for me no problem! If you have an account with Microsoft 365 because you've purchased it or through work you should be ok.

However, my personal account is hit and miss. Often won't load but sometimes does. 

• 1 year later...