Chinese-Forums

visa and travel questions

flray

I agree with you but just wondering if I go to a school that helps me get an x visa then want to travel and attend another one that doesn't sponsor for an x visa could I register with the help of a hotel to the local authorities and be ok? That is why I wanted to study on an L visa even if I had to do one visa run while in country.

Flray, make your application as bog standard as possible. Make sure you include everything in the checklist that you can download from the website (heck, include the checklist itself with the boxes ticked, I did) and apply as though you are going there purely for tourism/travel purposes, because that is the visa you are applying for. Answer all of the questions honestly, provide the details requested, and apart from that don't put anything in your application that is different to the norm that will make a consular officer stop and think. Maybe it doesn't matter, but only they know what does and doesn't matter so why take chances?

Also Bincai has a rule that you need to request leave with them in advanced. If you simply don't turn up for classes because you're out travelling without saying anything, you are at risk of getting chased by the authorities and your X2 visa being cancelled.

thanks linzhepu,

I will do that. Once I have the L visa I can always change plans and do more studying in country. Bincai is a portion of my trip and I don't think I should highlight it but include it as a portion of the over all trip.I just need to get this thing out there and get my visa back. I will deal with the type and length that is issued. To be honest I would be happy just to study and to go to both Yanji and Dalian for about a week each and day stops at cities along the way.

I would show more respect to Bincai then to not show up without talking to someone. At the most I was thinking about some 3 day weekends but also just travel on the 2 day weekends.

Cheers