Chinese-Forums

Anki Addon - Chinese Support for my own cards

艾墨本

I have downloaded Chinese support, and it adds the graphs into my statistics, but when I ask it to fill in the audio section it returns that there is nothing to fill (0/0 completed). I assume it's because I am not using the notecards that it comes with, but rather using the ones I had created.

Is there a way to edit the code so that it recognizes my cards and the fields I'm using?

I know zero about coding or how to do this. When I tried on my own I broke the whole thing. Ooops.

Would it be possible to just rename the fields you are using in your notes and cards (in manage note types, fields or cards) so that they are the same as the ones it looks for? I think all it needs to generate the audio is a 'Hanzi' field with the characters and a 'Sound' field to output into.

I recall at one point I switched from Pinyin toolkit to Chinese support and renamed some of the fields, and the cards were fine (but it requires you to do a full upload of the database the next time you sync).  If you do it this way, just make sure you remember to update the card templates with the new field names.

• Like 1

@Leirosa Thank you. That worked. I had been renaming the sound field to this and that. I even looked in the code to see what was listed there and changed it accordingly, all to  no avail. What I needed was to also change the field i had labeled "character" to "hanzi" and now it's working.