Chinese-Forums

I did not get admitted to Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Noora

Hi all, 

I would like to ask if anyone has any advice on not getting admitted (not getting pre-admission letter) so what are the chances to get in applying without pre-admission letter. 

I applied to Shanghai Jiao Tong University to study master's program taught in English. I applied online, got Skype interview, and today I got an email that my application was not admitted. 

I already applied CSC scholarship online, but I haven't sent my application documents to my embassy yet. 

So my question is, should I change my target university (which was Jiao Tong) or just try to apply for the scholarship there even if I didnt get a pre-admission letter? 

And just choose other universities for the 2. and 3. university and hope that I still could get in without applying to universities directly first?

Thank you in advance, I really need help. And greetings from Finland :)

Noora 

Firstly, I have no personal experience with this :wink: but these are the requirements I found for Fall 2017. Are you just barely not meeting (i.e. basically meeting) one or more requirements? If so there seems to be an entrance test you can take according to here, but granted that is from the undergrad section plus that test is only offered in China, Mongolia and South Korea. However, if they in fact offer tests to master's students, you're willing to fly to aforementioned faraway place next month, and you pass, which I get the impression you would, then you would be guaranteed entry according to below policy excerpt. In summary I think your dream is still possible, but if it were me I'd be making backup plans because the JiaoTong Dream seems  reeeally expensive at this point.

Admission Policies
1. Applicants who satisfy the exemption requirements will be accepted. 
2. Applicants who get sufficient scores on the Entrance Test will be accepted.
3. Applicants who have various awards can get additional scores after the certification materials are approved by the university. Please bring the original award certifications with you at the time of registration.

• Like 1

If you are not admitted that means that they decided not to accept you as a student.

I would try to apply for other schools, because even if you did get the scholarship from the embassy SJTU will still decline you :/

May I know which major you applied for? 

I need to do a skype interview at SJTU as well for MIB

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies :) 

I applied for masters program so they didnt have any entrance exams. I followed the rules and applied online. 

And the program I applied was Master of International Business (MIB) by Antai college and SJTU. 

When I submitted my online application it went to the preview and then to the department review. In department review I was missing one document(my CSC application form) and they notified me to download it.  After that, I got invitation to skype interview. And just two days after that skype I got notification that I was not admitted.

Since its alredy late March, I dont have much time left to apply for other universities. Right now Im applying for Shanghai University to International Trade masters program. I will not get pre admission letter in time to send it with my csc application documents but I think its still better to apply there because CSC will ask the university anyway. 

And I will apply for scholarship from CSC, In my application my 1st choice uni is SJTU and second is Shanghai University. Im hoping for the best! 

When I submitted my online application it went to the preview and then to the department review. In department review I was missing one document(my CSC application form) and they notified me to download it.  After that, I got invitation to skype interview. And just two days after that skype I got notification that I was not admitted.

You say. (Your quote)

Did you still upload that file? The csc file? Or you did not have time for it?

• 2 weeks later...