Chinese-Forums

Do you speak fluent Chinese?

ChineseTalkeze

I see your point Lu, but the OP's registered under his business name, and it's an entirely reasonable assumption that the podcasts are promoting the business. It's not massively surprising if people take a closer look at it, and frankly the claims invite scepticism.

7 hours ago, ChineseTalkeze said:

Your request has made the following assumptions:

1. The guests will be showing off how good their Chinese are in my podcast 

It made that much of an assumption, yes - a completely reasonable one, I'd have said, given that you very clearly stated:

"It's a show interviewing people who have achieved fluency in Mandarin Chinese."

I will be implicitly or explicitly making my audience to believe that the fluent speakers learnt their Chinese through my course.

My question was designed to enable you to leave no-one in any doubt. Nothing you've said subsequently allays that doubt.

Here's my reply to your request:

No.

Your request and language are so offensive and disrespectful 

disrespectful

judgemental

unethical

disrespectful

cyberbullying

discriminate

They do say the best form of defence is attack. That looks to me like an evasion rather than an answer.

Points 3 and 4 are mere self-indulgence. It would be self-indulgent of me in turn if I responded to them as they deserve. 

I think we have the measure of you. Your overreaction to reasonable scepticism speaks volumes. If you can't cope with scepticism - and clearly you can't - you need to find a less critical audience. 

• Like 2