Chinese-Forums

Studying Chinese in China Beginner?

Lillie03

• New Members

Hello! 

I have been browsing through the forums this week and finally made an account. I am currently a first-year student in college and have been studying Chinese for three months so I am still a beginner, but I have been wondering how to look into scholarships to study in China? I've heard about the Confucius Institute Scholarship but was not sure how to start the process of applying to scholarships as a beginner. I hope to be able to study in China for a year to improve my Chinese and did not know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Hey Lillie,

I am sure there are many much more knowledgeable people here to help you with your scholarship search. I would say that when your in your home country try to speak with native speakers as much as possible. Use exchanges and Skype to talk to have chats by distance as well. It really will reinforce what you do know, display what you don't and inspire you to learn more. I wish I remembered to attribute this to the right person but someone said that a person becomes fluent in different parts of speech/subjects etc. It's to build upon this and expand it.

Good luck

Hey Lillie,

I'm actually enrolled in the local Confucius Institute to learn basic Mandarin. You can check out the website of a school that's partnered with Confucius Institute to know more about the scholarships. They usually pick the students who scored well in the HSK, if I remember correctly. Hope this helps!

ECNU offers beginner's class of April or Summer classes to learn Mandarin. I'm sure other schools offer the same programs, you can just search, depending on where you want to study.