Chinese-Forums

What does 我真想抽你 mean?

winterpromise31

抽 can have the meaning of "to whip" or "to strike". If I were to guess, I'd say that “我真想抽你” means "I really want to smack you over the head", or some other playfully familiar way of expressing annoyance with someone.

I posted the question to HelloTalk and got similar answers from some Chinese who replied.

Where does it mention "over the head" With teenagers I would be suspicious of it meaning something else. I really want to smack you....hmm. smack might be a euphemism.

I could of course have entirely the wrong end of the stick., but I would be 100% sure of the meaning before you relax.

I mean there's also the issue with privacy like why are you reading other teenagers' emails :T

The only "naughty" thing I can think of is "tug/pull"-related and it doesn't sound particularly naughty in Chinese. On the other hand I thought of my Christmas "secret santa" gift draw, where I wanted to draw a certain person from the hat :P

5 minutes ago, Shelley said:

Where does it mention "over the head"

Creative license on my part.

6 minutes ago, Shelley said:

smack might be a euphemism

I initially thought that might be the case, but a look through my two books on Chinese slang and vulgarities didn't reveal any sexual euphemisms... If this phrase had any sexual connotation people would have gleefully told me so on HelloTalk.

The phrase could definitely be used in a flirtatious context though.

6 minutes ago, Shelley said:

Is on the head or the face implied? where does it come from?

Well, both are possible. I think It comes form the whip-like movement of the arm.

P.S. 東北人 use this phrase too.

P.P.S. It's often used jokingly.

When I read that sentence I immediately thought of the phrases parents use to threaten their children 我抽你的筋, 剝你的皮 - I'm gunna beat you and skin you.  So I would read it as "I'm gunna beat/slap you"

No, you're thinking too much. It's not sexual.

And if you're really threatening someone, like in a street brawl, you could say 信不信我抽你小丫挺的

EDIT:

丫挺的 is Beijing slang. Original meaning: 丫頭養的 bred by a servant girl, i.e. an illegitimate child, a bastard.

It can be shortened. The shortest form is ~丫 as a suffix (sometimes used with endearment).

A common mistake made by non-Beijingers is *我丫, modeled on 你丫, as in 你丫去哪兒了?

But the origin of 丫 is an insult. The natives would never use it with first person pronouns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shelley said:

From my trusty little book dirty chinese 抽我的。。。。。。with male body part is listed as sexual.

Ha, page 86, right? I see it now.

I'm still not convinced that it is some sort of innuendo though...

Yes, page 86, I am not saying it is outright sexual, but with teenagers it only has to be suggestive to throw them into fits of silly giggling and embarrassment. So they may just be being kids and having fun but with teenagers you need to sure.

Now I see it too. That book is full of inaccuracies. For one thing, spank is not 抽. The correct word is 揍 or 打. I don't know in western cultures, but in China, the only body part associated with spanking is the buttocks. Yet the book lists "Spank my... 抽我的。。。" under the entry 'Penis'. Quite ridiculous. Penis and 抽 can be used in one sentence, but then it's not spank. If you ask me, the author is 滿地撿煙頭——找抽.

10 minutes ago, Publius said:

That book is full of inaccuracies.

Do you have the book Niubi! by Eveline Chao?

Even in English, a sentence like "I really want to <insert verb here> you" could easily be construed to have some sort of sexual insinuation, especially without any sort of context.

• Like 1