Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
mlescano

Online shows with Chinese text-based subtitles

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Bad Cao Cao

Nice post op.

Also try Kangxi, and, queen's legendary show (and anything with CC on the link etc).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-z9BI8hMHNPrvnccyWgjyg

Also, If you are the one.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=江苏卫视官方频道&lclk=cc&filters=cc

Good comment on the filters - note also the channel search on the one above.

Also viki is an underrated tool, with already inbuilt functionality similar to what you are trying to do.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/231829048-How-to-use-Learn-Mode-

• Like 2

mlescano

Thanks! 

I did try Viki, but also found it hard to find shows in Chinese subtitled in Chinese, as the focus is on English subs. Do you have links to shows 100% subtitled in Chinese?

realmayo

A great post, I hadn't realised there were so many youtube videos with soft subs. I was also very excited to see from your link there's a TV version of the book 解密, however I watched the first episode and it looks like they've dumbed down the book, turned the TV series into just another spy/action show :cry:

Bad Cao Cao

"Do you have links to shows 100% subtitled in Chinese?"

Click on the link and go to the shows listed at the bottom. Also, can sign up for translating projects and join a group to get the original subs, for most other Chinese shows.

mlescano

I've added a bit more info since the original post: Added a few dramas, ordered them by # of first episode views, etc.

Please share any other dramas you might find that have soft Chinese subtitles. Thanks!

• Like 1

wibr

Very nice list, thanks! For downloading I recommend youtube-dl (with the --all-subs option).

mlescano

Updated list with three shows found on Netflix and Viki.

After spending an inordinate amount of time searching for shows, I've now settled with "Great Marriage" for intensive listening practice. It does not seem overly cheesy. And after spending an equally stupid amount of time searching for software, I've settled with LaMP player to play the video.

Yadang
On 3/22/2017 at 7:16 PM, mlescano said:

You can download both video and subs from Viki if you find the right sites.

For subtitles on Viki, downsub.com works well - lets you pick which language to download. 

• Like 1