Chinese-Forums

simple task (though not for me)

joshuason07

• New Members

I'm a graphic production artist working on a job that requires me to recreate an area of chinese (i believe) writing but it's too rasterized (messy) to manually recreate it. can anyone (pretty please) just type this in the appropriate characters so i can copy it into the file i'm working on? or direct me towards where i might be able to get help with this?

thank you!

-josh

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.59.18 AM.png

Imron I think you are mixing up the concepts.  Using 889's example, writing text in roman letters doesn't automatically make the text English, similarly writing Japanese text in Chinese characters doesn't turn the language of the text into Chinese.

He did say "technically", let's not get upset about this.  A Chinese person with no knowledge of Japanese would be able to understand what it meant, so technically it's in Chinese.

47 minutes ago, dwq said:

Imron I think you are mixing up the concepts.

I'm not mixing up concepts.  I'm not saying it's Chinese, I'm saying it's Chinese characters, which it is.

I don't know any Japanese and yet I can read that image basically without any problems because it's written entirely in Kanji (Chinese characters).

1 hour ago, imron said:

I'm not saying it's Chinese, I'm saying it's Chinese characters

I wouldn't have objected if you said "in Chinese characters".  But you said

20 hours ago, imron said:

so technically it is in Chinese also.

and I thought 'Chinese' here refers to the language (like "English" in "in English", "French" in "in French" and not like "roman" in "in roman letters").

1 hour ago, imron said:

Read the sentence fragment directly before that, the context is that I'm talking about the text using Chinese characters which is the technicality that makes it 'Chinese' 

The last 'Chinese' here still sounds like you are referring to the language, not the script.

I can accept that there is some ambiguity, though I still think what you wrote did not accurately convey what you said you meant. Also when you use a word like 'technically' which means "According to the facts or exact meaning of something; strictly." you make people less forgiving about ambiguity.