Chinese-Forums

Jiao Tong Skype interview

Norskelg

Hi, everybody. Long time reader, first time poster. 

I have applied for Jiao Tong MIB, and recently got an email regarding a Skype interview. The email states that there will be a 30 minute math exam, as well as an interview. 

My question is, has anybody here been through this Skype-exam? The person from Jiao Tong is very vague, so I have no idea what to expect other than it being an exam in math.

Thanks in advance, and hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

-Norskelg

Master of International Business?

Sounds pretty niche, I doubt you'll find anyone on here that's been through this particular interview.  There might be some people with similar experiences though.

• Like 1

hmm...never heard of skype exam.

Normally they will send you the test first and limit your time to finish it, and after if they are satisfied with the result they will arrange a skype interview.

Maybe can suggest them?

As sound a little bit weird to have a skype exam...

• Like 1

Just had my SJTU interview. Holy cow the audio set up was not good at all... They had a laptop in the middle of a room with 6-7 people around a table. I could hear the person in front, but everyone else was pure fuzz. Not sure how I feel now... Feel like I was prepared with everything to say. Gave a great speech/introduction, but I'm not sure it was properly heard now.  After that they asked 1 question and then it hit 20 minutes so it ended. Gah.

Hello!

first time poster from the USA, found this thread via google.

@hejmeddig I also interviewed last Friday! It was rough because of the time difference but relatively brief. Skype froze a few times but I think it went ok. Only fairly standard behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, research experience, have you been to China before)

Have you heard back yet? The program has given me "preadmit letter", not sure how formal that is or the distinction from official admit but seems like good news. Anxious though to hear back about scholarship (Level B in my case). Unsure how stringent the school is as in my case I didn't take the GRE or GMAT

@Norskelg sry for the late reply but there wasn't a math exam for me. How did it go?

Would love to hear from anyone else who has gone thru the process for the program! Hopefully will see some of you in Shanghai this September!!

@Nhq0117 

Welcome!

Honestly thought the interview went poorly because they had me introduce myself and then asked me 1 question about why I was interested, and then the interview ended. Spent the first 5 minutes purely try to figure out how to make their setup work. I also did not take the GRE (though I'm in Denmark, much less common here).

I slightly surprisingly received a pre-admission letter yesterday. No update on the scholarship but fingers are crossed for that too. What school did you apply to? I am applying to SEIEE.

@hejmeddig I applied for the Antai School. 

It seems like after you get preadmitted, you just need to wait until June to get the process started: for example dorm rooms, scholarship, etc.

kind of wish the school had its own forum to discuss these things amongst applicants

Hi,

sorry for the the late reply. For me a true least, there was no math exam. It was a fairly brief and standard "behavioral" interview about why you applied, your previous experience and goals for studying at SJTU. Took less than 20 minutes in total.

good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi every one , 

I applied SJTU MIB 2018 on March 30th but since then its under department review no moment called but they asked to wait ! its getting too late as it seems.

what to expect?

Indian applicant