Chinese-Forums

Cloud Services in China without a VPN

艾墨本

I'm looking around for a cloud service and am struggling to find something that meets my needs. I am willing to pay for it but am struggling to sift through what features each come with. As such, I'm appealing to people on these forums to share their experiences with different services.

What I want out of the service is:

1) be able to easily share a file so that someone else can download it directly

2) provide access to a folder for others to browse (if this can be done via a link, even better, but if this is the only function it lacks and has 1,3, and 4, I'd be okay without it). 

3) have storage capacity of at least 30 GB. I don't need more that 100 GB.

4) does not need a VPN!

If it weren't for #4, I'd just use google drive since it offers all of these functions. 

One drive seems to open without a VPN, but only sometimes and very slowly.

Then I'm aware of QQ's cloud, Baidu's.

Alicloud seems like a good option at a reasonable price but I can't piece together if it offers the above functions (1 and 2).

When I tried searching Baidu for 云存储 I discovered there were tons of options, most of which I know nothing about.

Thank you for lending your experiences.

I am also looking for this. My Xiaomi phone comes with Mi Cloud, but I don't see an option for sharing folders. How about QQ and Baidu? Do their clouds offer sharing options? What are the limitations of those that have kept you searching for another option, 艾墨本?

There's a post on this already somewhere. Can't search too well on my phone.

Essentially Baidu Pan or Tencent's Wei Yun are your main options. Wei yun says they give you something crazy like 10TB of free storage but I'm no where near that so who knows if it's true. 

Most people I know seem to prefer Baidu pan. It also seems the method of choice for those selling electronic things on TAOBAO. 

I use Weiyun only because you sign in with Wechat or your QQ account. One less password to remember. 

• Like 3