Chinese-Forums

Domestic flights with a child with nationality conflict

banjo67xxx

Hi,

We have a Chinese born child with a British passport, and as we are not intending to leave China within 3 months we do not have an exit permit. (See other posts about nationality conflict) 

We have to show his ID for a domestic flight, but will the airline cause problems because there is no visa in his passport? Has anyone else who has a nationality conflict child experience of flying domestically without an exit permit (or having been abroad and obtained an international travel permit)? 

Thanks, 

Banjo

Given it's a domestic flight, I'd be amazed if they looked any further than your data page. Your visa covers you for entry and exit into and out of the country. Given that you're not crossing any borders, I don't think you'll have any trouble.

That said, if you do run into problems stay calm and explain your situation. You won't be the first to experience this problem, and staff and security can be quite understanding depending on both the circumstances and your attitude.

Hope all goes well, have a safe trip!

As said, there should be no problem: they only check the name page against the ticket and your face.

But if for whatever reason there is a problem, every airport has a PSB office to deal with travelers who've lost their ID and such, and they could sort it out if necessary.

Hi,

Thanks for the reassurance, however my wife is extremely nervous about such situations, so it would be great to hear from someone who has done it. 

Also, 济南 is not a top destination for tourists, so we doubt that the first people we talk to in our airport would understand the significance of nationality conflict and why our baby cannot have a visa, and waiting for clarification will get my wife very stressed.

This is why I'd love to hear from people who've been through this to understand the likelihood of an issue. 

Thanks, 

Banjo