Chinese-Forums

Cancel a contract before going to China

Raf

Hi, this query might have answered before but I just couldn't find the relevant one that suits my situation.

I've never been to China before neither I ever had any Chinese visa. In Jan, I've signed one year contract with a school and they agreed to process my Z visa. Classes meant to start from 1st of April as mentioned the contract but they said it's okay to arrive until late April. So finally, I have all my documents ready and out of nowhere they asks to attest/legalise them (which I did ask them before, whilst signing the contract 2 months ago and they said attestation NOT required) but now they say, the policy has changed from 1st April, blah!. Attestation process is quite tedious (at least 3-4 weeks). Obviously, this would cause further delays in obtaining work visa.

Hence, they are insisting me to fly there on S2 visa to teach. I refused to do so.

So whilst I was gathering documents, I found a better offer and I am keen to accept it (no papers signed yet)

My questions are: 

A. Do I need to request the school to cancel the signed contract or just ignore them (no money paid in advance)

B. Is this gonna cause any problem to my future Z visa applications (like blacklisted or report foreign experts)? If yes, what are my chances to fight them back?

Thanks in advance. 

Did they already apply for and send you the invitation letter, which you used to apply for a Z visa in your country? Or is it you're now being asked to get your documents authenticated before you can submit them along with your invitation letter to the Chinese embassy in, after checking your 'location', California?

No. I haven't applied for Z visa yet.

On 4/7/2017 at 5:48 AM, 歐博思 said:

Or is it you're now being asked to get your documents authenticated before you can submit them along with your invitation letter to the Chinese embassy in, after checking your 'location', California?

Yes. They asked me to legalise the documents NOW (after 2 months of signing one-year contract started on 1st of April) coz they were clearly not aware of the rules. Now they say "You took longer to gather documents. The visa rules has changed by the chinese gov and they need all certificates legalised to process Z visa. If it takes longer, you can come on S2 visa". I don't want to fly there on S2 visa to teach. In fact, I want to get rid of them and accept the better offer that is waiting for me. So, can this employer (who i signed the contract with) trouble me if I accept the other offer?