Chinese-Forums

Ming and Qing prose

MKD

• New Members

Hello everyone! This is my first post. 

I was wondering whether anyone can recommend resources (vocab lists, grammatical surveys, dictionaries, tips from your own experience, representative texts you'd recommend, or anything else!)  that are focused on Classical Chinese as it was used in Ming and Qing prose. There's a lot of overlap between the Han and Warring States texts that the books I've found normally focus on, but there are plenty of unique challenges too  (e.g. passages in semi-baihua, shifting meaning in hanzi and binomes, changing preferences for certain grammatical constructions etc.). If I were just focusing on certain texts in my studies, I wouldn't mind not having a more broad understanding of the language as it was in this period, but I will have to translate unseen passages which will be relatively challenging and mostly without glosses (there is no set vocabulary list so I'd really like a comprehensive list of common terms). 

I can read modern Chinese to a functional enough degree, but if there's anything in English I'd happily take the lazier route. I'm using the 漢語大辭典 at the moment. I'm vaguely advanced (three years) in more 'model' Classical Chinese and will be keeping it up for exams on the Zhuangzi and the Shiji so I don't necessarily need a book on the 'fundamentals' of Classical Chinese.

I hope this isn't too niche or unanswerable. Thanks for your time!