Chinese-Forums

人民的名义

fabiothebest

There is a new tv drama called 人民的名义 (In the name of people). It is about Chinese government trying to discover and fight corruption. Xi Jinping is running a real anti-corruption campaign and the production received significant government funding. It should be interesting and fun to watch. Chinese citizens say that although it's a fiction, the tv drama feels so real :)

Youku link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY3MTQ2MDE0OA==.html

When I tried to watch the screen was covered in scrolling characters and the number six repeated a lot. The picture behind was almost completely obscured. Is this me? Or something else I don't know about not being a regular user of Youku?

2 hours ago, Shelley said:

When I tried to watch the screen was covered in scrolling characters and the number six repeated a lot. The picture behind was almost completely obscured. Is this me? Or something else I don't know about not being a regular user of Youku?

@Shelley That's a feature. You can disable it by clicking on the "弹" buttom. Those are viewer-submittted comments. 

• Like 1

Ah thank you, I knew it had to be something like that, I was watching the link in the original post from my pc.

Out of interest do we know why the number 6 was so popular? I don't remember any thing auspicious connected to 6.

This WeChat account  provides soft-copy transcripts for Chinese TV shows.  They charge for each episode so it might get costly for an entire series, but I imagine transcripts from just the first few episodes would be enough to get a good feel for commonly used vocab.

transcripts.png

• Like 3

hi Imron. thanks for this tip. it is really useful. I have got in touch with them just now and they will have the first two episodes done tomorrow. They charge 100 kuai per episode, it is 2kuai per minute. easy to pay on zhifubao.  I will let everybody know how it goes. cheers.

• Like 2