Chinese-Forums

Internship in China

grawrt

10 hours ago, hejmeddig said:

Did you use any websites in particular to find your internship?

No. Went via word of mouth from my friend, who found out from his teacher. The other internship I applied to (but didn't take) I found out from a wechat group. 

I would say if you're looking for these kinds of opportunities you should keep your ears open and try and attend events or at least reach out to learn more. You never know. 

• Like 1

@Lu

Honestly I also feel like its just a low-paid entry level job. I think the thing that makes me think it might more of a training program/internship is because we often go through training in areas of the hotel that we don't necessarily work at. For instance, learning how to make latte's cappucinos for me is quite useless as I work as hostess and I just handle reservations, seat people and answer the phone. If someone I seat asks for a latte then I just have to tell the waitress or the person in charge of coffee to bring a latte to table 53. Other things I've learned so far that aren't directly related to my job as hostess are things like table setting, napkin folding, processing payments and coupons, etc.  Also, our outfits are different though i'm not sure what the correlation is, but we wear the same outfits as the manager and assistant managers do. 

Im on a student visa so I think if you want to find a low paid entry level job realistically you can just list it under' internship' as its easier. But from what my job proposes this is actually an internship program.