Chinese-Forums

I've been here ten years.

querido

Awesome @Querido 

I realized I'm one of the 10+ year people as I started using the website the first time I live in China back in 2004, just a few months before I ended up returning to the US.  I'm an infrequent contributor, but the website has been a great resource for me over the years and I've recommended it to lots of other Chinese language learners since I joined. I'm embarrassed that my language skills in Chinese are not a lot better than they are after all this time, though I wasn't actively studying for about 6 years of that period.

Thanks again to Roddy for running the website and Imron for serving as an Admin.

I stopped using my red brick as my eyes got old:shock:

My first well used paper dictionary is my brown tome, I made the mistake of buying it it first on a day trip to London China town and a trip to the science museum. I had to lug it round the science museum all afternoon. But I wouldn't have been without:P 

I still refer to it as my final reference when I find conflicting info about a character.

P.S. I have been enjoying Chinese Forums for 7 years (actually on June 16th)

FirstRedDictionary.jpg

FirstDictionary.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 4/20/2017 at 7:29 AM, imron said:

That's actually not the red brick I was talking about.  I was referring to the oxford c-e e-c dictionary. 

Mine's in storage at the moment so can't take a photo, but I'm sure Chris will deliver. 

No longer in storage, here's my red brick

redbrick01.jpg

redbrick02.jpg

• Like 3