Chinese-Forums

urgent visa help - authentication of diploma for work permit in China

tooironic

Sorry I only just got back to you guys on this. I'm not sure how much help I can be. As far as I know, work visas (i.e. "Z" visas) can only be applied for in your home country. And anyway, you need to be in your home country to get all the document authentication done, so either way, you may as well return to your home country to get it all done. You may find this post helpful: How to find a job teaching at a university in China (self-help guide).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Annalise and @tooironicthanks for the comments. I have managed to get all my documents certified, and I have the letter and documents form my employer, so I am next week heading back to Australia to apply for the work visa. 

I have one more question, concerning what documents to take to the visa office in Sydney. I have my letter of invitation from the school etc, passport, work contract, but do I need to take a copy of my medical check certificate?

The school and Chinese government needed to see it to issue me with the letter of invitation etc, but I don't know if I need to include it in my actual visa application. Does anyone know?

cheers,

m

• Like 1

@markg My work was able to apply for my residence permit here in China, so I didn't end up having to go back to Australia.

I believe that the medical check is meant to be completed when you return to China, so they shouldn't need it at the visa office. 

You will definitely need your letter of invitation though. I would suggest bringing originals and copies of EVERYTHING, just in case. 

Good luck! All I have learnt from this system is that nothing makes sense, and it's always changing.

• Like 1

Hello #markg ,  #Annalise and #tooironic , 

Thank you very much for this discussion, it's very helpful for everyone want to work in China.

For me, I think I'm in the same situation as #markg , as they tell me from the Chinese University , I will receive my documents soon and they ask me to prepare : a no criminel report + a proof of health + a medical test examination : all this documents from my country and certified from the Chinese Embassy and to bring it with me when I will go to China.

Please I want that you help me , for Visa Z what I need as documents from China?  Work permit and an official invitation letter ? Or others documents? 

Edited by Daly CH

• New Members

Hi @tooironic & everybody,

I'm having a problem for applying visa z from my home country due to my overseas diploma.

I graduated from a university in Malaysia, but the diploma was from US. The China consulate in my home country said that I need to legalized the diploma at US consulate in China.

So, I have sent all the required docs incl. my original diploma, transcript, passport, etc to the agent in Shanghai. But, it turns out that they also need my old passport(s) during my study period in Malaysia to check whether I had the valid student visa.

The problem is.. I think I no longer have the old passports since it's already like 8-9 years ago.

I  can only provide the local police record to state that I have lost my old passports.

Do you have any advice on this?

Thanks.

@Daly CH sorry for the late reply! 

in my case the first set of documents you list, I provided all of those to my employer, and then my employer used those to apply for my work permit. Once my work permit was approved by the government, my employer provided me with a letter of invitation and the work permit itself. I then used this letter of invitation and work Permit Notice to apply for my visa at the Chinese visa office in sydney. 

I was in china studying, while in china I prepared and provided those documents to my employer. Once they gave me the letter of invitation and work Permit Notice I flew back to Australia and took the invite and Permit Notice to the visa Center with my application form. They said I should know in a few days if the Z visa is approved. When it is approved I will go back to china to start work. 

Hope this helps.

@eccabul sorry I don't know about this.

M

• Thanks 1

#markg Thank you very much for the reply.

You are in China, so the things was more easy.

Well, I don't know you work in which Province because they told me that the law change from a province to another.

For me , it's the University of Shenyang , Province of Lioaning.

I feel that they complicate the things.

For example, I have another friend , he certified only the deplom in the Embassy of China and he post it and the others documents he sent it by mail (scanned copy).

But, for me any documents shouled stamped in the Embassy and sometimes they demand after one month to stamp the same document in the Embassy and I should to sent it only by post, they don't accept the scanned copy.

I told them , please give me all the documents and I post them in one time.

But, usually after some days they want a new documents by post.

Now, I said that this situation is very difficult for me and when I need a copy stamped I should to travel by myself.

So, I told them find another solution more easy.

They will ask the administration of the province because they can't decide.

Please #markg, what I should do in this situation? I continue to offer what they want even if it's difficult for me or I should sometimes I refuse and I demand to find me a solution more easy because in many cases they can do this.

• 9 months later...
  • New Members

Hi, everyone. I've heard mention that you can get your degree and police check notarised/authenticated at the Australian Embassy in China. They do provide these services, but can you then use them to apply for a work permit? Unfortunately I am already in China and going back to Australia to get it all done (or sending all my stuff back to get it all done) is a major hassle that I'd like to avoid if possible. Anyone know about this?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about authentication of degree for work permit application: Should all degrees be authenticated, or should only the last degree be authenticated, e.g., if someone has a PhD degree and is getting an offer for a university job in China, should only the PhD degree be authenticated, or should the Bachelor and Master degrees along with PhD degree be authenticated? 

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
On 7/9/2018 at 8:40 PM, Hamad1 said:

Should all degrees be authenticated

This will be too late to answer @Hamad1's question, but for reference I was told today by HR in China that it's only necessary to get your highest qualification certified/notarised, legalised and then authenticated. 

• Helpful 1