Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

@Ramloc17 Where are you from? I was hoping they'd give us a number to track or sth xd

@Ctrl when I emailed them, they said the plans will be released in December on their website. Only by December I'll be in deep shit. First schedule the renovation and then worry about the students, great thinking!

@Tiri Im pakistani, but currently living in bahrain. once they send it to you, your modify adress disappears and after a while you get a tracking number which u put into the dhl website! I know after what weve been through it seems like a stupid thing to say but PATIENCE :D

• Like 2

@Tiri Pretty weird eh? I don't know what is the correct thing to do. Pay a complete year? pay only one semester at a time? 

Also, about this Registration thing, it says: New international students are REQUIRED to complete the registration process at designated time and place on the admission notice. So I have to register in a date that is written in my Admission notice? Am I right?

Hello Scholars, 

I am Olasege Babatunde from Nigeria, I got type D scholarship but my supervisor promised to give me an opportunity to join his research team so that I can earn 900 RMB/month to cover my living expenses. Although accommodation expenses is still yet to be covered. How can I survive over there with such? can I get a part time job? what about if my research does not permit such i.e will be in the lab virtually all days. Can anyone link me up with someone to that can help till i gain my ground over there.please i need prompt response and assistanship. Can I get someone to stay with?

thanks

@ozil Your question has already been answered by Eshton. He lived in Shanghai before. So you can teach English as a part time job to help with some expenses.

Eshton wrote: Since you're type d I would advise you to bring some start up capital while you look for jobs. There's enough jobs in Shanghai but you gotta have something to start with. 

Eshton wrote:  you can have internships under a student visa as long as the university agrees. In my experience though, most students have a side hustle and the authorities can't care less. I've done enough side jobs (even modelling) and I have never encountered any problems.

So Ozil, you are not alone in the boat, i am also type D and i hope to do side hustle to sort out things.

Hello guys,

I mailed minhang dormitory and I received this email today. It might be useful for some of you.

To scholarship students which covers the accommodation subsidies:
    Hello, according to the accommodation policy of SJTU, you can delay the payment time to 2017/10/15 16:00pm(Beijing Time, GMT+8).
    Please be sure to sign in your scholarship when you register and check in SJTU.
    The subsidy is expected to be send to your bank card in the end of Sep to early Oct.
    Please pay the accommodation fee at the first time when you get the subsidy. The deadline is 2017/10/15 16:00pm (Beijing Time, GMT+8).
    Once you miss this time, we will deduct the accommodation fee from the living expenses part of you scholarship.
    If you want to delay the payment, please send an email about your application and basic information (student ID number, name, order number) toissc_minhang@sjtu.edu.cn, and the email should be entitled as “payment delay + your student ID + your name”.
    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any problem, please contact with us.
    If you are not a scholarship student, or your scholarship not including your accommodation fee, you must pay your accommodation in time.
Sincerely,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University International Student Service Center

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozil said:

@rasparker1, how do you intend to sustain yourself in terms of accommodation on getting  to shanghai before securing a part time job or internship

Answer: We type D students have no option than to pay for accommodation from 19th - 21st July so I am in for it else we have to look for rooms outside campus which

I believe will be more expensive in Shanghai. After that, a start-up money is required (something small to lean on. This should be able to cover my resident permit of about RMB 800 etc) Secondly, I will carry food so that I don't have to buy a lot in the mean time. Any means to survive the storm till the sun appears lol. Since I didn't get type A, I am on the move  hustling for money NOW!

Don't give up bro, start hustling NOW!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rasparker1 said:

@ozil Your question has already been answered by Eshton. He lived in Shanghai before. So you can teach English as a part time job to help with some expenses.

Although this is a viable option, I strongly suggest not to rely on this especially for a black guy. Am not being racist as am black myself but just being realistic. The point is these jobs will be more easily available for a white guy as they would be considered native and more advanced in language. My suggestion would be to have a plan for atleast 6 months as you find your way out in a new city. There's always a way out if you are used. Good luck!