Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

@LanceGonza Yeah Lance! I came across a similar info when i was doing a little research about this topic sometime ago. New rules claims foreign students can take up internships and part-time jobs by getting approval from their University and the Public Security Bureau who will put annotation to the students Resident Permit in their passport.

The link to this rule is on Quote: 14 http://lawandborder.com/faq-new-china-visa-law/#STUDENTS_AND_INTERNS

It would be GREAT if SJTU would allow that.

• Like 1

Yes, it is possible, the procedure is just as you've mentioned. Unfortunately, some universities are reluctant to give their approval may be they are more willing concerning graduate students

@Tiri You can delay the payment until " 2017/10/15 16:00pm (Beijing Time, GMT+8).".
I also get a similar mail as @hamedvafaei and in the mail they say " If you want to delay the payment, please send an email about your application and basic information (student ID number, name, order number) toissc_minhang@sjtu.edu.cn, and the email should be entitled as “payment delay + your student ID + your name”. "

So i guess that you can not pay until you get the accommodation money. They say "The subsidy is expected to be send to your bank card in the end of Sep to early Oct. ".

• Like 1

@Tiri

To scholarship students which covers the accommodation subsidies: Hello, according to the accommodation policy of SJTU, you can delay the payment time to 2017/10/15 16:00pm (Beijing Time, GMT+8). Please be sure to sign in your scholarship when you register and check in SJTU. The subsidy is expected to be send to your bank card in the end of Sep to early Oct. Please pay the accommodation fee at the first time when you get the subsidy. The deadline is 2017/10/15 16:00pm (Beijing Time, GMT+8). Once you miss this time, you will violate the accommodation management rules. If you want to delay the payment, please send an email about your application and basic information (student ID number, name, order number) to issc_minhang@sjtu.edu.cn, and the email should be entitled as “payment delay + your student ID + your name”. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any problem, please contact us. If you are not a scholarship student, or your scholarship not including your accommodation fee, you must pay your accommodation in time. Shanghai Jiao Tong University International Student Service Center

Well its unclear how it will work but there is an option available :D id say book and then mail them, since mailing them before hand doesnt seem to work (I've tried) also keep the money handy just incase i guess

• Like 1