Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, Nhq0117 said:

(For everyone still waiting on the CSC), it Feels like we should be hearing back soon!

I called the graduate admissions office few days ago and they said that all the documents are still in Beijing so it's anybody's guess. 

It's already July 29th. Even if they want to wait there's just isn't that much time left to delay before the new school year starts. 

@eshton they told me before that most applications would be approved providing that scholarship quotas don't get changed vs last year. I hope nothing dramatic like this is happening this year!

• Like 1

@eshton don't we all?? :lol: Compared to this wait, the visa process should be nothing.

What makes the process so nerve wracking is the late timing along with the long gaps in updates from the school.

For example, From admissions to CSC Scholarship nomination by SJTU was a 7-8 week wait (from April to End of June!!). Now 4 weeks later after nomination there isn't any news, which has left me to email the school begging for news/updates. I would feel bad nagging them but after all it is almost August now.

To their credit the Graduate school is rather prompt and professional in replying to me. (I've heard the CSC does not reply to emails). But better communications process would go a long way to making this process easier. I'm sure I am not the only nervous applicant who is pestering them!

Well from what I understand, basically the nomination is almost a guarantee for the scholarship. The problem is that they could move a bit faster. I had a similar experience few years ago with CSC application. 

• Like 1

@eshtonBased on your wisdom 8) and prior experience :wink:

do you think we'll hear back on a result by next week? Any later than that (when you factor in time to prepare and mail documents, plus visa application) starts to eat in on any margin for error for travel plans...

I would hope so, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen. Last time I got my documents around the middle of August and I had to rush.

Luckily, the X visa application is pretty straightforward and registration is not until September 8th so I guess it should be enough time.  

• Like 1

@eshton if your timeline holds true this year then it should be enough time. Barely, scarcely, almost, only just. But enough all the same.

yes, at least the document requirements for the x visa are significantly less than even a tourist visa 8)

And even though I realize that we might not receive documents until middle of August; knowing the result will make a big difference