Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

There's nothing to say really xd

I went to Shanghai for the weekend to check out the campus. For those who haven't been to Shanghai yet: Minhang campus is located 30km away from the city center, it is easily reached by subway (I love Shanghai subway, you can ride the whole town for just 5 yuan!). Campus itself is huge and spacious it has a lake, parks, tennis courts, stadium, usual stuff. There's plenty of shops around and a shopping center (there's a Saizeriya there, thankfully lol). Still, it's so far from the actual city, the nightlife must be... dead xd

• Like 4

I have previously studied abroad there, the nightlife on campus is generally eating barbecue near the dorms or going out to a local KTV. There aren't really any nightclubs nearby, have to go downtown for that. The campus is quite nice though I think. You can get a bike for around ~200 RMB so that's also nice.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I'm considering to apply for Admission Scholarship  at SJTU. I'm planning to take challenge of reaching from HSK 1 to HSK 5 within a year also prepare to SAT exam.  I'm still unsure if my age factor will be quite important as well . by the time of submitting documents I will be already 25.. I've to reach them out . they said it's fine.. hope it works out  I've put almost  everything on stake to push myself extremely hard to reach out this goal,. :( 

@wanzima35 I've read them. Honestly, I don't see much difference from what was before. As long as vpn is not prohibited by law I feel more free and happy than I would ever be in my own country. I realise that under Xi Jinping we can expect more and more restrictions, still, I wouldn't trade my Chinese Scholarship for anything else.

I have received a new email from my department:
"

Hi all, 
This is Jun Ma, international program coordinator from school of electronic, information and electrical engineering, shanghai jiao tong university. 
Many of you are now asking for scholarship result. I am sorry to tell none of the scholarship result has come out since the CSC has not revealed their decision, and university has to wait for CSC decision to make the rest scholarship decisions.
 I can totally understand your enxiety since I am also very anxious to know the result, but all of us have to take more patience. 
 Please check your application website site everyday, if the scholarship result came out, you would be notified online. 
But self-paid students could already checked "self-paid" result on the application website. 
Also next time, when you ask for any information, please add your application ID so I can check who you are. Thanks for your consideration. 
Wish you all good luck!
Jun 

"