Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

I dont believe stuff unless its clearly written lol. but you are right should apply to everything!

so any idea when they will announce results? because the admission packages should be on their way now and we will have to book dorms in july....

Xuhui is a very expensive area, would not doubt uni is making some money during summer.

By the way, I will be living off campus (with girlfriend, which is not allowed on campus). It is Xuhui campus

My budget is 4000 rmb a month, anyone know where I can look for? close to campus or metro station that go to campus?

Any tips would be amazing, thanks.

ps: I know it a low budget for the area, but not impossible.I think it will be old and not great apartment, but hey, its a place to sleep, eat, and take a shower.

3 minutes ago, Ramloc17 said:

so any idea when they will announce results? because the admission packages should be on their way now and we will have to book dorms in july....

My scholarship result is still under review, and i dont have any option to pay or accept the final offer on the website. 

Based on that i would imagine another week for results, and 2 weeks for packages to be sent, which results in receiving them in july. Hope everyone has enough time to book accommodation. 

@Ramloc17 Yeah, I saw that. But we are looking for a studio, or single room apartment.

@uchiha I believe so.

From what I've read, it isn't a monthly disbursement of ¥1200RMB. It's a lump sum of a few months given a few times a year. So you'll go out of pocket at first for both on and off campus housing but get a sum of money in a few months for your stipend

• Like 1

Guys! Aside the scholarship monthly stipend, I am thinking of working part-time to meet other financial needs. In the past, foreign students were not allowed to work alongside studies in China. New rules claims foreign students can take up internships and part-time jobs by getting approval from their University and the Public Security Bureau who will put annotation to the students Resident Permit. The link to this rule is  http://lawandborder.com/shanghai-rules-foreign-students-campus-internships/

Since we are all hoping to go to  SJTU, I think it will be beneficial to us if we are able to confirm SJTU will allow students who would like to work alongside.

Can anyone confirm this? Your response is kindly welcomed.