Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

@Tiri I have never lived in Shanghai before, but my friend did with a scholarship of 3000 and free dorm stay. They said that it's enough as long as you don't eat western food and often eat at the dormitory. Keep in mind that if you are non-asian, it is easy to find teaching or some modelling jobs. So I do think that 1700 would be enough without considering the accommodation expenses.

I hope you all are fine and doing great. Many Congrats to those who got scholarships, rest who didn't Good luck for future, this is not the end & hope for the best. I got Type-B Masters in sjtu & have been nominated for CSC from DLUT, now double minded. :roll:

@Ramloc17 Thank you so much! I owe you a beer!

@Baha That would be awesome, but right now I'm paying everything from the Scholarship, electricity, water, wifi... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Shanghai is still under the magical frontier of heaters and you just use the ac in winter also...

Good luck to all those figuring out their plans. I am struggling hard with my decision as well.

I seem to have received the A-type scholarship, need to decide if I'd rather continue my studies here in Denmark or move to China... quite a tough decision.

• Like 1

I got the same e-mail that you got, just need the CSC's final notice. Actually, I hope having recently applied through the university will not supersede my EU window application, I'd rather not have that one cancelled due to having been awarded the scholarship via university through SJTU (SJTU was the 3rd preference for me on mine, I have studied abroad there before for a semester and would rather see somewhere new, I will say though, that I absolutely loved my time there).

• Like 1