Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

Hello Guys. I have received this email, does it mean that I will surely (100%) receive scholarship type B?

Anybody know how much is possible to be rejected by csc in this stage? 

Email:

"Congratulations on your admission to Shanghai Jiao Tong University!

We are glad to inform you that the Scholarship Review Committee has decided to nominate you as a potential candidate of the Chinese Government Scholarship for the 2017 graduate program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, i.e., type-A scholarship of SJTU. Your application documents will be forwarded to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for final review. Please be advised that the current scholarship status on our website (http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/EN/Default.aspx) is tentative and subject to the final decision of the China Scholarship Council. Please note that if your application is declined by CSC because you have already been nominated as a CSC candidate by another Chinese university, then SJTU will not provide any scholarship to you and will cancel your admission. However, if your application is declined by CSC for other reasons, we will provide SJTU type-B scholarship for you.

We will start to prepare your admission documents after CSC’s final decision, and your admission package is expected to be delivered in late July. After that, you can login your account on Study@SJTU website to find the tracking number of your package."

@hamedvafaei

I emailed last night to ask a similar question. Seems like the odds of CSC approval for Type A are good after SJTU nomination, but there is no such guarantee. Now we just have to wait some more. Looks like we will be considered for Type B if we are declined by the CSC

IMG_6526.PNG

@Nhq0117

Well, I mean this part

"However, if your application is declined by CSC for other reasons, we will provide SJTU type-B scholarship for you."

Can we be sure of getting scholarship type B at least? I don't consider rejection from csc because of other university nomination.

From the text of your email it seems your interpretation is correct.

For me though, the nomination email said something slightly different:

"However, if your application is declined by CSC, you will be attending the university scholarships (Type B\C\D) evaluation."

But I would email them if you want more clarification and certainty. Additionally you shouldn't be thinking of the worst case yet... :) think on the bright side! There's a good chance you'll get the Type A!

2 hours ago, Abdul Rehman said:

Hey Buds! I am just about to reject this opportunity, Because I have got type-D. Moreover, if you can guide me then it will be best option for me to accept offer. I need sources to make money.

Since you're type d I would advise you to bring some start up capital while you look for jobs. There's enough jobs in Shanghai but you gotta have something to start with. 

@hamedvafaei If you fail to get A type then I don't know why they wouldn't give you B type. What I'm assuming here is, there probably is a set quota for students who can receive A type and there is no reason why they would nominate more than they physically can, but if you fail for some reason, then giving you the scholarship lower than people who didn't even get a nomination got, would be extremely unfair.

@Abdul Rehman what eshton just said. First month is a great deal of expenses: books, resident permit, maybe a bike, SIM card... and meanwhile you still need to survive somehow. If you can cover first one-two months, I guess finding the job for the rest will be an easy task. Shanghai is, after all, a huge city with a whole lot of opportunities. Besides:

QUESTION! So I emailed the office about the possibility of upgrading the scholarship or getting some other kind. However, I don't think they understood what I was asking, and what they told me was that I "lost in competition with other students" (yeah, thanks, no need to rub that in). Anyway, here's my question: from the list of annual student review results I can see that you can get upgraded to C and B type, but can you get upgraded to A type scholarship? Or can you apply for some other kind, like this excellent student scholarship, or is it just for self-paid students?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tiri said:

QUESTION! So I emailed the office about the possibility of upgrading the scholarship or getting some other kind. However, I don't think they understood what I was asking, and what they told me was that I "lost in competition with other students" (yeah, thanks, no need to rub that in). Anyway, here's my question: from the list of annual student review results I can see that you can get upgraded to C and B type, but can you get upgraded to A type scholarship? Or can you apply for some other kind, like this excellent student scholarship, or is it just for self-paid students?

So in my experience the scholarship review is a process to confirm your scholarship status for the next school year. Sometimes depending on specific circumstances a person may be upgraded but I don't think it's common. I don't know of any scholarship student who has been able to get the excellent student scholarship, seems like it's for self supported students. 

@Nhq0117

I have a problem on reserving. When I clicked on Submit button, the page was refreshed and the color of the time I had chosen was turned into red. However, when I check the "Registration time" section in that page, its written "Your didn't reserve time period". see images.

Could you please explain with what browser you reserved your time? and which process I might be missing?

Thanks

1.jpg

2.JPG