Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

@AlexS
Yes." The Admission Notice and visa application form have been delivered to you today. Please click "link" to get the delivery information on time. "
I also get a new option on the admission website "Express Sheet Detail" where I see the tracking number and other information. 

• Like 3

There was a dhl link and in that link you can see the awb tracking number. I also want to ask here (as i ask the uni and nobody answered back), do you know if there are requirements to get your scholarship, meaning you have to get certain grades or have a number of credits by the end of the semester etc?

@uvas94 Check this, I guess it has some info in there. 

"All scholarship recipients are obliged to attend the annual comprehensive scholarship assessment during April and May of each year to verify qualification of the scholarship for the next year. Excellent graduate students can also get certain financial support by applying for proper TA or RA positions in campus."

source: http://en.sjtu.edu.cn/admission/scholarships

• Like 2

Also i looked for what happens if you can no longer stay in china (your parents get sick or something) and only found a mention in the student guide that you have to return the money for accommodation that you did not spend.  Does this mean that you don't have to return the tuition money or the living allowance etc. ?
P.S. My documents arrived this morning.

• Like 1

• New Members

Just received my admission package yesterday! :)

Turns out I got the package before the email... 

I missed the window for the dorm rooms and no one seems to be answering my emails from issc xuhui:( how do I even begin looking off campus! Any help would be much appreciated<3!

• Like 1

Related to the questions i asked earlyer 

"1. The scholarship is for the duration of hole program (including the summer and winter holidays)?

2. The scholarship is conditioned about my academic performance?

3. If something happens and I have to interrupt the studies due to some problems do i have to return the scholarship money?"

The  school answered back.

"Answeres to your questions:

1 Yes, the scholarship is for the duration of the whole program including summer and winter holidays

2 Normally the scholarship won't be changed unless you failed in too many courses. Then we may cancel or give you lower scholarship.

3 Until now, we have not asked the scholarship back when students broke off their studies. "

• 2 weeks later...

Do we need to install vpn's to access the western internet? Or a better question would be how do we access the western internet (considering we are international students do we have special internet connections or something that allows us to access the western internet)?

• New Members

1.Country/Region of Origin:  USA
2.College applying to; School of Mechanical Engineering
3.Program: Doctorate
4.Have you done your previous studies in China?: Just a short exchange program

Excited to meet you guys in a few weeks!

• Like 1