Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

Hello everyone 

I came here to see if anyone could help me with getting a pre-admission letter, since I received an email that recommended me to get one from my desired university. I emailed SJTU and they asked me to follow these steps

http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/EN/show.aspx?info_lb=6&info_id=817&flag=6

3.      Application Materials (scan version of the original materials)

1)       Award Letter from the local Chinese Embassy

2)       Passport (Applicants under 18 years old should submit “Guardian’s Guarantee Statement”)

3)       Personal photo

4)       Senior high school diploma or equivalent (Graduating students should provide an official statement as proof of graduation)

5)       Official transcripts (or equivalent) from your high school, including courses taken

6)       HSK Certificate if have

4.      Notices

1)       This pre-admission letter can be used for applying Chinese Government Scholarship only.

2)       Official admission letter will be issued only after you are officially awarded CGS by CSC.

3)       SJTU should be your first choice of university on the CGS application form.

4)       SJTU reserves the right of final interpretation.

If you read carefully it asks me for the award letter from the embassy but in the notices section it says that the pre admission letter is only used for applying to the CGS. How am I supposed to get the pre admission letter if I haven't received the embassy award which I supposedly would get If I got the pre admission letter? 

I know it sounds super twisted but you can see that their guidelines are contradictory 

@MrDuque I read other threads and seems like other applicants who applied through the embassy first had to take the Award Letter from the embassy before applying for pre-admission in the university. Have you tried asking the Chinese embassy where you applied about this letter?.

• Like 1

Dear @MrDuque Try to get scholarship award letter from the respective embassy from which you have been nominated for the scholarship, or any proof which you can clearly show the SJTU that you have been selected by them(embassy), then try uploading all the docs in the online application system and scholarship award letter too. Meanwhile, you won't have to pay the online application fee as well. As far as your question regarding CGS (Chinese Govt. Scholarship) is concerned, All funding is from the Chinese Government, whether it will be in the bilateral program, University program, MOFCOM, etc.

It was clearly mentioned as:

12. What is the “scholarship award letter”?
The scholarship award letter refers to the certificate issued by the Chinese embassy or other organisations which
verifies that you have been awarded a specific scholarship e.g. CSC scholarship through embassies/MOFCOM program.

Hope, It may clear out, any help needed we are here. You are Welcome to ask. Best of luck. :)

http://www.acem.sjtu.edu.cn/ueditor/jsp/upload/file/20170518/1495074409560072198.pdf

Hello. I am an applicant to the MIB program at the Antai School. Like everyone else, I got preadmission about 2 months ago but haven't heard anything from the school since.

i don't think this applies to anyone here but I thought some people would be interested in the link...

• Like 1

So i got an Email yesterday from my supervisors assistant

Dear Ali,
  How is everything going? Are you prepared to study in Bio-X institutes of Shanghai Jiaotong university? Hope everything is OK for you.
With Best Regards,
XXXX

to which i replied im ready to come, and asked about the scholarship, to which he replied

Dear Ali,
Based on the information from the our institute, you will get the best scholarship. As you know, the university will declare the final decision about your scholarship. Please be patient!

If you have any questions, please let me know.
With Best Regards,

XXX

So the question is how much say does a school have in the CSC Award? Any thoughts?