Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

@warblers Yes, I sent an email to them after signing the contract and they replied to me very quickly as below:

Hello,
We have received your email and PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ANY PAYMENT METHOD ON THE WEBPAGE.
We have postponed your payment deadline (your order number is xxxxxxxxxxxx) until the middle of October and you will receive the initial scholarship fund around the end of Sept. Just remember to login this system and finish online payment after you get the fund from the university before Oct. 15.
Regards,
ISSC

However, they don't recommend to do this if you were nominated as CSC scholarship because the university is still waiting the scholarship results. If you fail to get scholarship, your reservation may be canceled in future.

• New Members

@squailee The contract mentioned that the lease will start from 10/09/2018 but the international student guide mentioned that the earliest move in date will be 3 days prior to registration. So I'd assume we follow the latter?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I’ll be starting in September in the School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology. I’m still anxiously waiting for the results from the CSC as the university said they won’t send the documents needed to apply for the visa until then. Is anyone else still waiting?

• New Members

1.Country/Region of Origin:  Eritrea
2.College applying to;School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
3.Program: PhD
4.Have you done your previous studies in China?: No
5.What Scholarship(s) have you applied for?: CSC – through MOFCOM(Embassies)
6.How did you notarize your documents?:
Notary Public
7.How did you do your medical checkup ?:  Government Health Centre/Hospital.
9.Status of your application: Received Pre-Admission letter. Scholarship Status is  "Admitted"

I am waiting for the Admission Notice and Visa application and I want to know when and how will this be done?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone~

Not so long ago I was also an applicant for SJTU, hoping to get a scholarship, but there wasn't much information anywhere about the actual living and studying conditions on the uni, so I had my doubts. Our university's international affair's office started a monthly bilingual column in which we interview students to find out more about their daily life. Here's a link to the first article. Be sure to follow our official WeChat if you want to find out more about the daily life of SJTUers.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/0J1q7fYaTZh4GZPEgDT6lQ 

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • New Members

Hello! I hope someone can still respond to this thread. 

I was wondering what 'Pre-admission' letter means? Does it mean that some criteria will need to be fulfilled before admission to the university? 

And if you do not receive the CSC Scholarship, can you self-fund your studies? 

I am quite confused because of the 'Pre-admission' letter - wondering why it does not say 'Admission Letter'. 

I hope that someone can clarify! 

Thank you!