Chinese-Forums

Clozemaster

makochan

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but came across a new resource called Clozemaster.

Looks like its both a web app and iphone/android app.

They gamified cloze-deletion practice using sentences from Tatoeba.  I know Tatoeba sometimes has grammar issues, but I appreciate that this app divided the practice sentences into different HSK levels.  I know folks have had success using cloze-deletion sentence practice (e.g. AJATT), so this might be a good tool to add to your practice arsenal.

I ended up playing 30min already (up to Level 2)!

• Like 1

Might be worth adding that, so far, I've found most of the sentences to be accurate/sensible. Just a small number of slightly odd/awkward-seeming ones. For me the only real annoyance is that sometimes traditional characters are mixed in with simplified. Not annoying enough to stop me using it though!

• Like 1

It would be better if the app featured the ability to use the filters available on the Tatoeba sight. For me the purpose of clozes  is to drill down into the nitty gritty and test myself on whether I really have a true understanding of correct language and the fine distinctions of structures and particular vocabulary. So for my purposes, and what I consider to be the true strength of a cloze system, something like this is unsuitable.

I hope they'll introduce a better filtering system so I can use only native supplied and verified sentences, as this would make this application much more useful.

Or if those features exist, can anybody direct me to them?