Chinese-Forums

Keeping Up with Your Favourite Western TV Shows in Chinese

StChris

While randomly browsing youtube last night, I came across this video, which summarises the first 5 seasons of Game of Thrones in 19 minutes in Chinese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztgDLsGPHQ

If you browse on from there, you'll find lots of other videos summarising other films and TV series (The Walking Dead, West World etc). The videos themselves can be quite humorous (for example, check out the 01:48 mark of the Game of Thrones one), as well as informative. 

I tend to feel guilty if I watch too much English language content while I'm supposed to be learning Chinese, so for me it's a good way of keeping up with what's going on in popular culture so that I don't feel too left out in conversations (unfortunately, none of my friends, family or colleagues in England seem too interested in discussing the goings on in 《人民的名义》 for some strange reason). 

Even if you've already watched the shows/films, it's still a good way to practice your listening skills (in fact, the narrators tend to speak so quickly that it's almost essential to have at least some background knowledge just to be able to keep up). 

• Like 3