Chinese-Forums

DIY

chenyswhite

I dont know why I love the flavor of tea so much until I realize that I will search some drinks or deserts with tea to create a new tasty. Sometimes, I enjoy making some cookies, and you know it will be tired when you always eat butter cookies. Therefore, Do you wan to make a new flavor tea cookies with me ? You will need material as 2 large eggs, 1 cup flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tablespoon matcha (green tea powder), and1/2 teaspoon baking powder

How to make it? First,Cream butter in a bowl, and then , add sugar in the butter and mix well.

Third, Gradually add beaten eggs and stir well. Forth, Sift flour, baking powder, and green tea powder together and add the flour to the egg mixture.

Fifth, Pour the batter into a buttered loaf pan.

Finally, Bake in preheated 340 degrees F oven for about 30-40 minutes.

Hope you will like it. And maybe you can match a cup of black tea.

Have a nice day!

TEA COOKIES.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing, it is an eye opener to think about using tea in cooking and especially in such a different way. Your cookies look lovely and tempting:P

I like cookies, but I wonder what it would be like in cake (my favourite:P) Does the baking at high temperatures for longer ruin the tea taste?

Just follow the recipe, Shelley. It is for a cake. No piping bag mentioned!

I have used matcha powder in ice-cream. It apparently works OK in cakes too.

Oh ok got the impression they were cookies, and I wondered if you put it in a cake tin and have to leave it longer in the oven would the tea flavour spoil.

Ice cream!! - great, I just got an ice cream maker this summer, will have to try this.

Nice looking recipe, chenys! Looks pretty simple to make when one is itching for some cookies! Have you tried scaling up the tea? I've always found "tea flavored' desserts to be too light in the "tea" department.

4 hours ago, Shelley said:

Ice cream!! - great, I just got an ice cream maker this summer, will have to try this.

Green tea ice cream is my second favorite ice cream. I've never tried making it at home, but I'm sure it would be delicious. Perhaps make some green tea ice cream and serve it with a green tea cookie?

2 hours ago, abcdefg said:

They look nice! No ovens here in China, so I'll have to pass on trying it. Thanks for posting!

If you followed Shelley's lead and went more for a cake-like texture, perhaps you could try steaming it? 

Thanks for sharing, it is an eye opener to think about using tea in cooking and especially in such a different way. Your cookies look lovely and tempting:P

I like cookies, but I wonder what it would be like in cake (my favourite:P) Does the baking at high temperatures for longer ruin the tea taste?

Thanks a lot!

I just learned from others, and the taste of tea mainly depend on how much tea power yo put. You can put more tea power accordingly If you like the rich tasteHigh temperature baking time will give out the aroma of tea, and you don't have to worry about losing the original flavor.

Whoever posted that recipe I think was not a native speaker of English and was pasting from recipes, and if you read it you can see that it is described as a recipe for a cake in a tin in an oven. I don't see anything about how to pipe those cookies except the picture of them. I think the oven temperatures may be for a cake. Anyway, matcha powder is really popular and you can find any recipe you want by googling for it.

I am ashamed to say that I made the matcha ice cream by semi-melting a good vanilla ice cream and stirring the powder in and refreezing! I did once own an icecream maker but I gave it to a friend. The best icecream has lots of fat in it and I think I found it safer from the calorie point of view to buy good icecream occasionally than to make icecream making part of my life.

You need to get hold of the matcha powder, as others refer to, not just green tea.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, Zeppa said:

The best icecream has lots of fat in it and I think I found it safer from the calorie point of view to buy good icecream occasionally than to make icecream making part of my life.

That's also my thought about making cookies at home. I'm afraid they would overcome my willpower and I would eat way too many. Better to buy them in a bake shop from time to time.

On 5/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, Shelley said:

You could use your rice cooker according to this. Not tried it so I have no idea how it would work.

https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/rice-cooker-easy-to-bake-cake

Interesting technique! I had never visited that website before. Thanks!

I understand all of your concerns with over rich and fatty calorie filled foods, but for me once again my nut allergy rears it ugly head. So many ice creams contain nuts or traces of nuts that I really have to make my own to be safe.

I am in the pleasant position of having to make sure I keep my calorie intake up, I need to eat to maintain a healthy weight with a back up in case I fall ill ( but absolutely not overweight as this would be detrimental). So bring on the ice cream:P

Shelley, this was not meant as an attack on underweight people with nut allergies. I was just explaining why I don't keep a machine. Idid think if I had an icecream machine I might make lowish-calorie things like frozen yogurt, but they didn't work out well so it would be easier to buy them ready made (I am not allergic to nuts). I am quite happy with fatty foods, as I implied I hope, but it would be excessive for me to keep a machine to make them. The best icecream I ever made myself started with a custard base, and I just can't be bothered.

@Zeppa Oh heck, I didn't take it as an attack. I was just sayin that I was lucky enough to not have to worry about calories but I did have to worry about nuts so just like life you win some you lose some:P

What ever works for you is great, so you don't have a machine, no problem as you can eat shop bought treats.