Chinese-Forums

Any other scholarships like CSC Scholarships still available?

stormtrooper

• New Members

I missed the deadlines for the CSC scholarships and am wondering if any similar scholarships are available. I'm looking to study Mandarin at a Chinese university and want tuition and accommodations covered (or at least partly covered). I'm interested in staying in Shanghai (have spent a couple of months living there before) and studying at Fudan University.

Much appreciated! 

As far as I know, deadlines are way past due for the next academic year. You can apply for the academic year starting in September 2018.

Just out of curiousity: if you want to study Mandarin Chinese only, why Fudan? I understand that Fudan has a good reputation in the Chinese academic world, but it does not have to do anything with their language teaching quality/capability... And it is a quite competitive place to get a scholarship, so you should consider other, less popular universities (really doesn't make any difference if you want to pursue Chinese language studies).

• Like 1