Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Changing University after receiving CSC


Recommended Posts

I was recommended by a university in Beijing and I was awarded the CSC for a Ph.D. program in Engineering, But recently I feel that this university is not a good match for me due to different reasons. Hence, I would like to enquire about the possibility of changing the university after receiving CSC.

I would appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

  • 2 weeks later...



I have a friend who is currently studying Chinese and also wants to change the university in which he's supposed to start his major. I teied to help him in this process but we were unsuccessful because the CSC people told us that Bachelor students are not allowed to change their universities. We tried contacting the embassy and the university in which he got accepted, but nothing worked. Since you're a PhD student, I think it might be easier for you. The CSC people specifically said that Bachelor students cannot change their majors nor universities. You should contact the CSC through their phone number, because they usually don't reply to online correspondence. In case you want to give up the scholarship, you might face a problem because I've heard you can't just drop out. Apparently, there's a fine you must pay in order to leave, but I am not sure about this. I hope this helps. Best regards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can change university and keep the CSC scholarship. I know someone who's done it because they were facing the same problem as Dgengy. It might be hard to, but you should definitely try. The CSC people said it's easier for PhD and Masters students because there are more seats in universities compared to Bachelor students. If that doesn't work, you can follow Homni's advice or apply for MOFCOM scholarships, which are much better than CSC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...