Chinese-Forums

Bilibili and the World of Chinese Vlogging

happy_hyaena

• New Members

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I have a guilty pleasure of following youtubers, and there only seems to be a few native Chinese youtubers (pretty much all Taiwanese, for obvious reasons). The only thing that would make this better is if they had Chinese subtitles like a lot of the youtubers. Have you ever come across any subtitled videos?

Some do provide subtitles, some don't. I think it could be like 50/50?

Bilibili is seriously the most underrated website right now. Besides using it as a tool to consume media that, due to its format, in many ways naturally lends itself to language learning; it's also a really funny conversation topic with other young (teenage+college aged) Chinese people.

I hope we could maybe use this thread to discuss channels and maybe help each other clarify misunderstandings caused by people using "internet slang".

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, RogerGe said:

Just curious why you put Emma Peng as "non-native", the country where you are currently living in doesn't determine what your native language is?

You are right. I put her there because she lives in the US and in some of her videos she speaks more English than Chinese. Also, the Chinese she uses I find to be on the easier/uncomplicated side of things. If you read my list as a definite list on "here are natives and here are non-natives", then it doesn't make sense. If you read it as a "these people over here are easier to understand and these over there are more difficult", it makes more sense.

• 2 weeks later...