Chinese-Forums

PRC Study Academy?

gyoliver

Does anyone know about this place? I'm looking to study Chinese in Beijing from September through mid-December, somewhere rigorous with a fast pace. I already have a couple years of Mandarin under my belt, although I last studied a few years ago. PRC Study arranges for students to attend other places as well (BLCU, Beijing Univ, Tsinghua...), so they seem pretty legit. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks--

I don't know anything about the school they run. The company itself are relatively new, starting up about a year ago I think. They briefly posted on here posing as satsified american students = here but since then they seem to have started spending on real advertising, and for what it's worth (not much) their website is much more professionally done than many similar ones.

The fact that they send students to major universities doesn't really mean a great deal - it's hardly difficult to pass on applications.

I wouldn't normally bother posting with so little concrete info, but as the company is new, and the school even newer, I'm not sure we have anyone with any actual experience. My impression of them is that they are similar to Educasian and the other 'study in China' agencies, but possibly cheaper as they are China based.

Hope this helps a little

Roddy

hi, thank you for the response. i just wanted to make sure that i wasn't putting myself in scam territory. the number of US based websites (studyabroad.com, for instance) that list them made them seem legitimate. whether their services are worth the cost, that's a different question, i guess.